• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Truck Shop

In most cases I don't have pot to pi$$ in or a window to throw it out of when compared to
most people, but I'm not not most people either. Some of the most unhappy people I know
are the most well off, miserable they are and can't see it for the trees.

dust eater

if some one drove through town with that load now a days the D O T would be the last in line of alphabet agencies

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Looking at the RT rear, you can see someone looking at the trailer.
In the far background, the multistory building looks like the old White River Timber Company (Weyerhaeuser) office building.

Truck Shop

Looks like to be a mill yard setting, look at all the infrastructure around there all paid for by the logs. Now you'll be lucky to pay your fuel bill with logs
After WWII and the GI bill--a typical housing tract in the U.S.. Then came foreign competition
in just about every product line. My house was built in 1949, still have the plans to it. Allot of
wood went into this house, nice wood too. Custom built 1200 up 1200 down, two fire places
built in closets in both bedrooms built in hutch in kitchen with hardwood floors single car
garage, Cost was $7,900. Don't build them like this anymore, haven't for a long time.
417776882_3238783703098131_3552457282246963287_n.jpg

Welder Dave

After WWII and the GI bill--a typical housing tract in the U.S.. Then came foreign competition
in just about every product line. My house was built in 1949, still have the plans to it. Allot of
wood went into this house, nice wood too. Custom built 1200 up 1200 down, two fire places
built in closets in both bedrooms built in hutch in kitchen with hardwood floors single car
garage, Cost was $7,900. Don't build them like this anymore, haven't for a long time.
View attachment 302614
Those Pan American vans look like the cats meow for moving. Look longer than today's vans. Looks like the kids on the side are trying to go for a ride kind of like grabbing onto a bus bumper on a snowy road. I remember a few guys did that back in the day. One time at a bus stop a couple guys grabbed on and the bus driver not only stopped but he backed up. Yeah, the guys shouldn't be skiing behind the bus but what was the bus driver thinking when he backed up? What if one the kids was injured from his backing up? Seemed like not a very good decision on the bus drivers part. He could have been in some serious trouble had anyone been injured or worse. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Truck Shop

Here's couple guy's bustin a$$. Knox-Martin tractor circa 1914, converted to haul logs.
Were normally used in fire department ladder trucks. The star sticking straight up above
the front wheel was supposedly to let the river know the direction of wheel because it
rotated with it. I found only one other picture of these trucks..
418317660_1554708435369030_1951370082333453230_n.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Some of the toughest men I've known and worked with weren't necessarily big or tall in stature . But most men growing up of that generation were doing "chores" and "manual labour" from an early age . And didn't pay to work out in a modern gym in their leisure hours , if they had any .

skyking1

Calvin Kilpatrick was the catskinner my dad worked with when I was just a pup. He did some falling in the 60's too.
I remember him stopping by the house in 1972 when we were tearing off the 3 tab and replacing it.
he stepped up to the truck, grabbed (2) 80 pound bundles and scaled the ladder like it was a sidewalk. He was about 6' and lanky, and looked to be fashioned from rawhide.
I was only 12, but my older brothers were 16 and 20, and their jaws just dropped.
They did build them tougher back then.
He is closing in on 95 years old and still in the same house down the road.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Some of the toughest men I've known and worked with weren't necessarily big or tall in stature . But most men growing up of that generation were doing "chores" and "manual labour" from an early age . And didn't pay to work out in a modern gym in their leisure hours , if they had any .
You mentioned "leisure hours." I don't think leisure was invented until the late '50s early '60s.