• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Air Scraper Pics

wwd10

I was reading about the Miskin Air Scraper? Has anyone seen or driven one of these, or heard anything about them. I'd like to see how the air is put into the pan? is if a number of large holes drilled along behind the cutting edge? Does anyone know how effective they are?

For those that haven't heard about them - here's the link to their site http://www.miskin.com/AirScraper.htm

Thanks

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . this is a newy on me. I understand the concept but you would have to wonder at how effective it would be in any thing but optimum "scraper dirt".

Having said that being able to run less horsepower for the same results in good dirt would have to be attractive. It would be interesting to know how much HP the compressor sucks. (Details may be there but I didn't have time to go through the complete presentation).

I'll be watching this thread for comments. Thanks for posting wwd10, it's not often we see something new.

Cheers.

d9gdon

Looks like the compressor is a stand alone unit. That's an idea of assisted loading that I'd have never thunk of. I just don't get to load sand very often. I'd definitely like to see it in different types of dirt too. I can see the advantages for sure.

DPete

Well I guess there's always a way to reinvent the wheel. Hope the compressor has a big air cleaner, seems like gadgetry to me.

JDOFMEMI

At least when the air breaks down, the scraper still works like normal.

That makes it better than some of the new gadgets that down the whole machine when they fail.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Interesting and having a compressor is always handy. I do think though the design of that pan hinder it loading with the air off though. Thats pretty good dirt for it to load that poorly.

Showpony

On the gaget scale this makes a pusher, an elevator or auger look a bit over the top. Well done Miskin.
This innovation could be retro fitted to just about any scraper, if it works 1/2 as good as the videos show and the compressor has to be over hauled every year, it will still be a plus. I wonder if it would help an elevating scraper??

Showpony

clay

It really only has relevance in fine soil types. If you're in clay forget about it.
If it creates a ''bubble'' under the heavy clay that pushes it up and to the back of the bowl it would have to help. Even if it just broke the clay up it would make it easier to eject. This idea could work on the ejector door, it would definitely be a plus in clay and sticky mud. The only thing worse than not getting a full load to the fill, is bringing a 1/2 load back to the cut!!

rabia

Banned
At least when the air breaks down, the scraper still works like normal.

That makes it better than some of the new gadgets that down the whole machine when they fail.

Yes I am agree with your point of view.;) These are better. :tong