• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580C pushing and pulling capacity

DirtyHoe

All great ideas! Thanks for the input. I'll call around to see what the local mills want for log lengths.

Delmer: Out of curiosity what is the weak link on a rubber tired skid steer? The chain drive assembly or the gerolers?

Steve

xgiovannix12

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck driver
I would think the chain. every machine has its breaking point... I think the backhoe has a better chance of moving the trees honestly

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I think if I were doing it, I'd chain the butt end up to the front bucket, pick it up enough to clear the ground, and drag backwards. If weight and traction become an issue, you can transfer some weight to the rear wheels by stretching the hoe out behind you.