• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1967 C180 cummins need a set of fuel rails

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Oh man, I can't imagine those engine parts are still available from Cummins, I don't have a clue where you'd source that, might have to get creative and make them. But I do hope you get it sorted out, the very first big truck I learned to drive was a 1962 White 4000 with a C180 naturally aspirated with Fuller 5 x 4 Quadraplex. That little 180 with no turbo and exhaust going through a straight through muffler, damn that thing would sing when you peg it on the governor grading a hill, had an amazing tone.

Last edited:

Truck Shop

You know I just possibly just maybe know where there is a complete blown 180 setting, Ill
take a look in the morning to see if fuel rails are still there.
I'm not worth following.

Last edited:

Truck Shop

No such luck PP, engine was setting upright but had since tipped over on left side, damaging
the fuel rails.

petepilot

You know I just possibly just maybe know where there is a complete blown 180 setting, Ill

take a look n the morning to see if fuel rails are still there.

IDon't agree with that last line .who said that .BTW any parts of one could be worth having. This one is super charged.got a cute little charger hung on the side

I'm not worth following.

petepilot

Me and this damned electronic whiz are not seeing eye to eye. Any way this eng is in a 67 fwd snow fighter all. Intact except the fuel system the pump is missing as well as the rusted out lines i have a pump that could be set up for a 180 . the fwd belongs to a friend we both want to hear it run so any part of the fuel lines we can find would help

Last edited:

crane operator

This what it needs to look like?

We've got a old engine core place somewhat local, I can check next time I'm there. What kind of $$ are you hoping to stay under?

c180 cummins.jpg

petepilot

Oh man, I can't imagine those engine parts are still available from Cummins, I don't have a clue where you'd source that, might have to get creative and make them. But I do hope you get it sorted it, the very first big truck I learned to drive was a 1962 White 4000 with a C180 naturally aspirated with Fuller 5 x 4 Quadraplex. That little 180 with no turbo and exhaust going through a straight through muffler, damn that thing would sing when you peg it on the governor grading a hill, had an amazing tone.
I have serious doubts whether or not average counter parts salesman at cummins would even know what we were talking about

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Gippsland Truck Wrecking in Morwell, Victoria, Australia, have a set available for AU$660, which is around US$430.

You could always ask them if they would post them to the U.S., and what the postage cost would be.
If they won't post to the U.S., maybe another HEF member in Eastern Victoria could assist in getting them to you.

We don't throw out or scrap a lot of this old stuff, a lot of it's still running here. I've got at least 2 friends with C160 Cummins in their 60's International trucks, still purring along.

crane operator

It’s just a picture of a whole engine that I found, I wanted to be sure I was looking for the right parts.

I’ll see if my core guy has any parts next time I’m over his way.

Truck Shop

1995-30 years has past, These companies want to sell new not support crap they built ages ago.
If you were to buy every part for a Big Cam Cummins From Cummins new at this point, one
complete engine would cost in the neighborhood of $75,000.

petepilot

It’s just a picture of a whole engine that I found, I wanted to be sure I was looking for the right parts.

I’ll see if my core guy has any parts next time I’m over his way.

I’ll see if my Parts core guy has any parts next time I’m over his way.

Kinda figured that hope he has something. I don`t think theres any real big hurry appreciate you`re checking for me

Last edited:

petepilot

Gippsland Truck Wrecking in Morwell, Victoria, Australia, have a set available for AU$660, which is around US$430.

You could always ask them if they would post them to the U.S., and what the postage cost would be.
If they won't post to the U.S., maybe another HEF member in Eastern Victoria could assist in getting them to you.

We don't throw out or scrap a lot of this old stuff, a lot of it's still running here. I've got at least 2 friends with C160 Cummins in their 60's International trucks, still purring along.
we may be looking down your way . price is kinda spooky but we`ll see

petepilot

Scheid Diesel in Effingham, IL used to make up new lines for mechanical engines. A quick search shows they seemingly still do:

https://www.scheiddiesel.com/Fuel-Lines/
thanks ta will check them out if we dont find anthing else. there used to be an outfit that made up stainless lines to fit cummins oil cooler nozzlles when an eng that did not come with oil cooled pistons was drilled and noz. installed.can`t seem to find notes that i once had