• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Zero Tail swing

john1066

Here are some pictures of our PC128UU excavator. The Koehring in the top of the pic picked it up to put it in the hole.

Attachments

• IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,083
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,100
  • P8140122.jpg
    P8140122.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,108

special tool

hows the cab... seems kinda cramped

I have the same machine...yeah, its cramped.
It was made for Asian men of somewhat smaller stature.

But the AC is right behind your head, and nothing touches it for digging on tight roads (with a decent sized machine).
Mine has rubber pads on the triple grousers, too.

Dominion 410

0-swing

Nice iron,handy size to.We have two Cat 321CLCR's and they are a little tight in the cab as well.Hard to beat them on a narrow street and can really lift for their size.
Like the sheet piling job in your pics.What are they installing?

Dominion

john1066

That is on a 15 million dollar waste water treatment plant. Its for a UV (ultraviolet light ) building new technology for cleaning raw sewage. we had to go down 40 feet. we looked at buying a 385. but there wasn't alot of room to work with it. so we used to old koehring and the komatsu dug the last 5 feet out of the hole.

counter

Occupation
manager
i understand zero swing! but it cant dig like
counterwated machine , or am i stupid!

john1066

When we bought it it came with two big eye hooks to take the counterweight off so you can do pretty much any engine work needed

counter

Occupation
manager
counterwieghted excavators

The whole back of these machines is a counterweight.

ty for the reply! im still learning!if the same little round house machines had the same capabilities as the traditional machines, there would be no use in building the traditional machines.

counter

Occupation
manager
excavaters

i dont want to appear to be a smart ass! but if the laws of leverage have"nt changed lately,how can one compare the two points of the counterwieght! ??????????????

john1066

Check our my post with the older cats and koehrings you will see that excavator the koehring picked the little komatsu up to put it in that hole

special tool

i dont want to appear to be a smart ass! but if the laws of leverage have"nt changed lately,how can one compare the two points of the counterwieght! ??????????????

At this point, I don't think anyone knows what you are talking about?

Everything is a compromise.
These machines will work in areas that conventional machines do not, HOWEVER, they are not comfortable to operate - if you want to dance, you have to pay the fiddler.
My 128 can turn around in a 10 story alley, but it won't lift as much as a 312 over the side.....see? Compromise.

Both types of machines have thier practical uses.

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Leverage

I think the Zero Turn Machines weight more than a regular machine to make up the difference in the length of the counter weight. BTW, I've been wrong before.:)

tootalltimmy

The Case cx135 I am buying is a zero swing model. I found that the cab is comfortable and big enough for me. I am 6'4" tall. I was not comfortable in the Komatsu PC 128.

With the thumb and a 48" cleanup, how tippy do you think it will be?

special tool

The Case cx135 I am buying is a zero swing model. I found that the cab is comfortable and big enough for me. I am 6'4" tall. I was not comfortable in the Komatsu PC 128.

With the thumb and a 48" cleanup, how tippy do you think it will be?

What is the spec on the bottom?

Probably not too bad - mine is tippy over the side for sure because I have a thumb, artic boom (very heavy), and a small bottom with the rubber shoes.
Everyone who runs it knows this, and we do not load high over the side more than 10 feet out.

1066's machine will be more stable than mine because that bottom is bigger than mine.

john1066

They don't have much reach but in the right place that machine pays for itself no problem. that boom is pretty much the only thing thats keeping that thing around

counter

Occupation
manager
thank-you so much " special tool" , someone here lead me to believe that both machines were equally capable of duty! and i just couldnt buy it!i thank you again to help me with that matter! im not an operator, my dad was ,from the 50's till the 90's!, i did auto collision repair and refinishing for 31 years! but i still love hwavy equipment!!!!