• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Zaxis zx120 travel speed control

rich12

The speed control is no longer working. I have tried to trace the wires from the switch with no luck. I have been unable to find the location of the solenoid that controls the travel speed. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this unit and a breakdown of the valve body?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You should be able to follow a hydraulic hose from the swivel back to the solenoid valve. You can check the coil in the valve there. I believe those are a two wire system so one should be hot all the time and the other wire grounds through the computer.

Good Luck!

360joe

I have an EX120-3 on which the travel speed selector stopped working. I don't know if it has anything in common with the Zaxiz regarding the speed selection. The problem developed suddenly and caused the machine to only travel in slow speed. The lights indicating the mid range and high speed selection in the cab would not illuminate when pressing the button to change speeds. I did not bother looking into the problem for months. Anyway, the problem was solved with the easiest fix ever. I suspected dampness in the electrics might be a problem since Ireland is a damp country and the machine is not operated every day or even every week. I put an electric heater in the cab for about 24 hours in the hope of drying out everything. To my great satisfaction, this completely solved the problem.

dieselmax

Occupation
Owner/ operator of machinery business
Rich12, let me know your e-mail and I will forward schematic and operating principle for you to troubleshoot.
Cheers

hitachi daft

Occupation
plant fitter
top of valve block on hyrdraulic tank side 3 soleniods sit in line small tag on cable says s1 pretty sure its the middle one used to unplug to disconnect fast track goodluck