• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Zacklift

Truck Shop

thats embarassing I had my lowboy hung up in the middle of 99 down in tacoma one day

I don't find it embarrassing {actually it's a really bad dock to bump, blind side back all the way}. But this kind of stuff keeps me busy-every trucking company has these
incidents 24-7. But the driver of this truck is sharp as a marble also.----Great photos RZ.

Truck Shop

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
thats embarassing I had my lowboy hung up in the middle of 99 down in tacoma one day
I hung one up on a state scale in Colorado once... Oops. I did manage to get backed up and go around. They gave me a pass because I had the original axle out slip when I loaded in Trinidad.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
I don't find it embarrassing {actually it's a really bad dock to bump, blind side back all the way}. But this kind of stuff keeps me busy-every trucking company has these
incidents 24-7. But the driver of this truck is sharp as a marble also.----Great photos RZ.

Truck Shop
I thought Junkyard was supposed to be there to help too? Musta missed a connecting flight. So much for 3 Amigos. :(

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I high centered a 48 foot 50t Load King at a jobsite LOADED, with nobody around, no radio reception and no phone near, ended up had to use the trailer to raise the truck frame enough to get jacks under it and raise the truck for cribbing to get out, four hours later my boss was furious it took me so long. Trailer was a fold down neck square back so NO unloading going to happen.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Good grief y’all are on it! Haha. I’m licking my wounds from Tuesday when the KS DOT and I had a chat :(. 22k heavy lol.

I must have missed the bat signal through all the French fry vapors!

Feeding, f**king hey whatever works right!

So, how did that chat work out?

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Ummmmm they don’t have all the numbers added up yet. Stay tuned! Haha

He was actually as cool as he could be about it all. Had to leave the load and get Superload permit yada yada.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Ummmmm they don’t have all the numbers added up yet. Stay tuned! Haha

He was actually as cool as he could be about it all. Had to leave the load and get Superload permit yada yada.

So buying a piece of paper makes it all good? Or do you have to reconfigure the trailer to make them happy?

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
So buying a piece of paper makes it all good? Or do you have to reconfigure the trailer to make them happy?

Another piece of paper after a structure survey. Three days. I knew better, just trying to get ahead of the game on things lol. It’s been years since I had a run in of that magnitude!

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Another piece of paper after a structure survey. Three days. I knew better, just trying to get ahead of the game on things lol. It’s been years since I had a run in of that magnitude!
So the 22K over was just a technicality? How many axles?

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
8 axles. I would call it more than a technicality. Thankfully he only wrote me up for the weight I was over my original permit. If he’d have busted me back down to legal in KS, 85,500, that would have been very very expensive. I’m sure it’s several grand.

TVA

Just a heads up - right now you can buy a 55000 on military take off ( DP/Tulsa, two speed planetary gear with air/hydro operated free unspool clutch) for $2500-3000. Place In Texas, they are overstocked!