• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Z60 primary boom function very slow,possible pressure problem/

ernstZA

Occupation
Operations and Technical Director at Schoeman Cran
Good day Gents,

I need some assistance please, my 2007 Genie Z60 has a problem.

When oil cold you can operate the primary boom cylinder for one or 2 lifts and then is starts to slow down until a almost dead stop.
Oil also heat up very quickly.
Checked the pressure on the primary boom relief valve around 2000psi and it doesn't want to adjust down to the recommended 1800 psi.
Then I checked the system relief valve pressure it is around 2000psi also and doesn't want to adjust at all to the recommended 2600psi.

Now my question is , if my system relief valve pressure doesn't want to adjust up to 2600psi does it mean my hydraulic function pump is shot(finished)?
If I get the system relief pressure right will it then have a positive effect on my ability to adjust the primary boom relief valve?
Any good advise will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance