• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yup, it's a Daewoo Solar 400 electrical problem!

CJLennon

Folks, as always, thank you to all that give their time and energy to save us rookies when it comes to repairs. I have a mid-90s Daewoo Solar 400 LC-III whose display stays lit all the time. All the idiot lights on the display come on at start-up time for the bulb test but they never go off. They used to go off after about 5 seconds. My question is, is this a problem in the console/display unit (that is, does the console/display control the time for the bulb test) or does the EPOS (computer/controller) tell the console/display to turn the bulbs on. My guess is the console/display unit is bad but it is $1400 so I hate to be wrong. Any ideas out there? As always, thank you to all that save the rest of us a lot of grief!:usa

Chris

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
It is probly the diode in the alternator. I just had that prob on a LS2700 Linkbelt. If near the battery box there is a round solenoid that the main battery wire goes to, (can't remember if daewoo III had this or not) but that magnet could be hanging. Sometimes the key switch itself hangs internaly. I would unplug alternator 1st though. Good luck!

zxa

Folks, as always, thank you to all that give their time and energy to save us rookies when it comes to repairs. I have a mid-90s Daewoo Solar 400 LC-III whose display stays lit all the time. All the idiot lights on the display come on at start-up time for the bulb test but they never go off. They used to go off after about 5 seconds. My question is, is this a problem in the console/display unit (that is, does the console/display control the time for the bulb test) or does the EPOS (computer/controller) tell the console/display to turn the bulbs on. My guess is the console/display unit is bad but it is $1400 so I hate to be wrong. Any ideas out there? As always, thank you to all that save the rest of us a lot of grief!:usa

Chris

does the machine are running well?? if yes i would be very surprised that the epos is in problem... but first i would check all each of the bulb fonction.....with the alternator first to see......you would be very surprised to see what a simple short circuit can do...but if ok? from there i would suspect the display panel, just take the time to check

Plan B

Occupation
field technician
Guys im new to the site and i cant seem to start a new thread yet so im gonna jump on this one and ask my question if you dont mind. Ive got a guy who wants me to re plumb a swing motor on a Daewoo 130. He says it was replaced with one that has a built in brake...but the original didnt have one and he is loosing fluid. He wants me to check it out and thinks it is plumbed wrong. I believe he must have the right part for the machine does anyone here know if these swingmotors are interchangable or not? If so does anyone have schematics they can email me? Id really appreciate some help since i gotta drive 80somthing miles just to go check this thing out. Thanks.:beatsme