• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Your Lowboy Pictures Wanted

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
yeah i saw you just south salem. didnt get to see any of the parts just the big load.

Hey trainwreck,
Saw a couple of RFC's sweet looking T-800's with 3x3x2 Generals in The Dalles today, down by the rail yard, then seen them heading west with 450 Hitaichi's loaded on them. Awesome looking set up's. Never seen a 450 with a clam shell before. What where you guys up to? (assuming you still work for them)

strucalc23

Kaufman In Use

Sorry haven't posted any pics in so long. Anyhow, still enjoying all the comments and pictures, I'm learning a lot!

Here's one of our 35 Ton's going to work and the second pic is one of our paver models headed up to Canada.

edit.JPGIMG_7395.JPG

trainwreck

Jtl

i was running that job in the dalles.
we were there picking up and hauling 6 rail cars out of the dalles yard. That clam on the 450 is very nice to have but it is a bit slow. now we are in the Eugene rail yard getting 6 more cars this week.

rare ss

IMG_3131.jpg

Drake 160T float and Haulmax 3900G Prime mover

GPC

Occupation
Lowboy Driver/Dispatcher/Mechanic
Hi, here are a few pics of the lowboy I run. It's a 2000 Pete 379 and a 1999 Talbert 50ton.

IMG_0008-1.jpgIMG_0014-1.jpgIMG_0003.jpgIMG_0012-1.jpg

Colorado Digger

you guy's didn't actually drop that 350 on new blacktop did you? not to sound picky or anything. we so much as put a tire mark in the new asphalt and we are in big trouble.
regards, cd
:usa:usa

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I was thinking that too.Tracking up the binder coat is not so bad but the finish coat would be a no no.That looks green too.Ron G

GPC

Occupation
Lowboy Driver/Dispatcher/Mechanic
you guy's didn't actually drop that 350 on new blacktop did you? not to sound picky or anything. we so much as put a tire mark in the new asphalt and we are in big trouble.
regards, cd
:usa:usa

Believe it or not we did. The idiot that owend the subdivision there aperantly didn't contact the state when he decided to put in a turning lane into his place. If he had he would have discoverd that we were going to put in a 144"x40' long culvet in a week. If you look in the second picture where the cones are on the side of the road is where we stated diging.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
I told the truck driver, "If I die when the Cat slips off the ramp while loading, bury me with my guns on. So I can shoot the devil between the eyes when I go by him!"

Attachments

• 165.jpg
    165.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 2,303
  • 166.jpg
    166.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 2,319

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
It would be fun to watch that KW come down that ramp.Did it work ok?Ron G

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
This was the loading area. We used some 2x10 boards and the 4 foot long metal ramps used to load the Cat onto the goose neck to bridge the sand. I'm sure he got it unloaded allright. I never heard anything otherwise!

Dualie

I did that once with out the use of ramps and boards. used the skip loader to dump sand on the deck to build a ramp then used the skip to push it back off.

The idea sounded alot better in my head that it turned out on paper. Spent alot of time with the broom and the shovel before i could finish loading.

Soracco&Sons

looks good btw I saw it on craigslist good luck on the sale

Thanks dzlnut, I'm kinda torn because I fixed it and now I want to keep it, But I could sure use the money for bonding and overhead costs for our next project. Either way I figure the more people that see it the better. :)

dzlnut

Thanks dzlnut, I'm kinda torn because I fixed it and now I want to keep it, But I could sure use the money for bonding and overhead costs for our next project. Either way I figure the more people that see it the better. :)

I have been there before I sold my truck and trailer a few years ago (wish I didn't) and I want to another rig really bad but dont have the money right now.