• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

You couldnt pay me enough....

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
I don't know exactly where the balance point is on a skid steer with an empty bucket, but that seems to be loaded too far to the rear. I get the feeling if he had backed it up about a foot farther that it would have flipped that cart over backwards.

And... NO you could not pay me enough either.

heavylift

I think that would be far from legal.... If this is a USA job...

Way too many if's to even consider in my books.

If it is a USA thing then the youtube video is all OSHA needs to shut it down...

scary.. no.... just plain brain dead ignorant. IMO

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Heck don't worry about it...it ain't the heights, it ain't the fall........it's that sudden stop at the bottom of the fall from heights that sucks!

Kinda looks stupid to me.

Rick

Tiny

1st The platform or basket if you want to call it looks like it was built a long ,long time ago . Its bent and I'm betting an engineer would never sign off on that.... No part of that deal looks worth taking that kind of chance.

Tiny

I knew those cats were awsome but never figured they could fly :eek:

If they don't hold their mouth just right we will see if cats " bounce "

Fort Knox does NOT contain enough gold for me to do that !

Turbo21835

How else do you guys do this? Ive been around demo for years. I have seen holes punched in 2nd and 3rd floor walls, hooked the skid steer to a pc 400, and then lift and jam the skiddy into that hole. Ive seen jobs where skid steers and mini excavators start out on the roof. They then wreck their way down. Leaving enough material from the top floor to ramp themselves to the next lower floor. I think this is probably one of the quickest and safest ways to do a floor switch.

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
How else do you guys do this? Ive been around demo for years. I have seen holes punched in 2nd and 3rd floor walls, hooked the skid steer to a pc 400, and then lift and jam the skiddy into that hole. Ive seen jobs where skid steers and mini excavators start out on the roof. They then wreck their way down. Leaving enough material from the top floor to ramp themselves to the next lower floor. I think this is probably one of the quickest and safest ways to do a floor switch.
I would at least move the cable on the "rear" of the basket to the far rear so there is no possibility of it putting weight outside the tipping point at least.

Blacksmoke07

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I wouldnt do it! Looked like it was about to flip backwards when he first backed on it, and that was a sketchy lookin platform. What was the point of doing that anyway?? i must have missed it...

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
whoever was spotting that load should have atopped the skidsteer on top of the i-beams instead of a foot behind, unbalancing the platform. Also as earlier said, there should have been beams to the rear. & yes the railing was chincy, but I've heard of worse in demo.

About 20 years ago a contractor was using a case 1816 for cleaning out something luike the 32nd. floor and the skid was tied off with a heavy bull rope to the center column. New guy tied the loader on with two wraps around the column instead of three and the skid dropped off, hanging but the bull line...

Monte1255

Occupation
Farming/forestry/TSI

I've seen a few videos of "proper lifting" on skidloaders and they all used spreader bar lifting apperatus's..........but to poke it into an opening like that, a platform would seem to be the only way of getting the job done. The platform should have been built heavier than that though.

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
Amatures and half a$$ riggers that should be fired!

No excuse for that kind of platform and rigging to be done with a man in the cab like that. Much better and safer ways to do the same thing if they took the time and resources to make it happen.

Dmconstruct

Occupation
Operating Engineer Crane Op
I would've never picked that "platform" off the trailer they hauled it in on. Not without a sign off!! The only skidsteer I poked through the 3rd and 2nd floor of a demo job was with a Lull 10K. The skidder was a Mini S70 rigged to the carriage of the lull. 2" clearance all around the window opening. I set it on a wooden ramp the carpies had waiting for me. First pick of equipment was a successful one.