• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yesterday was one of those "for richer or poorer" days

Vetech63

Then, I put on a brand new water pump from Nissan in a forklift. Started putting water in the radiator and started hearing this splashing sound o_O. New pump was leaking between the backing plate and the pump...………...so back off it comes :( (backplate was part of the new pump of course). I pull the backplate off this new pump to find...………..Backplate.jpg
The counterbored hole had been spread to the point of creating a standing burr thicker than the gasket..... because of...……..Backplatescrews.jpg
The WRONG counterbore screw (right) being used to fit the backplate counterbore, as the left is the correct one from the old water pump. I had to reuse the old backplate with the old screws to get the job done, then back on she went. Figured the whole ordeal cost me $200.00 in extra time having to fix Nissans screw up. So at the end of the day I got home $199.99 poorer than when I left.:confused: I'm real excited!!!! :rolleyes: