• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yanmar vs kubota

kopp

What you think.
Which you prefer?
yanmar sv26 vs kubota kx027-4?
I know that both are very good..
Kubota has 4 cil but yanmar 3 cil.
Is the power noticeable?
At the moment i have yanmar sv 22.
Good machine.
Thanks.

mx727

Dealer is probably more important. If you already have a good relationship with the Yanmar dealer, I'd stay put.

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
Yanmar! Better service access even though you'll NEVER have to work on it other than whatever you break yourself or fluids & filters & no, we're not Yanmar dealers.

heymccall

I have Yanmar mini excavators (and Takeuchi) and Kubota CTLs (and Takeuchi CTLs).
The Yanmars and Kubotas have been tremendously less problematic than the Takeuchis.
Yanmar tech help can be found, and, unfortunately, Kubota tech help is harder to find. But, I've never had to use either for tech support anywhere near as much as with Takeuchi.

I've got friends with both Kubota and Yanmar minis. Brand reliability appears to be similar, so, I say go with whichever dealer is better, smarter, closer.

Just don't expect Yanmar or Kubota to drop ship parts from the central warehouses. It ain't happening. That's where Caterpillar and Takeuchi shine.

kopp

Hi.
Still going with my 2020 year Yanmar sv22.
3750 h, everything ok. Very good machine.
This year i think i buy another more.
I like Yanmar sv26 more.
Just Kubota has more hydraulic power,maybe littlebit better with working with tree shear.