• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yanmar Vio55-5 tracking issue and front blade drift

BlackLabel1200

Evening All,

Found y'all thanks to the YouTube channel "Farm Craft 101". He has a similar excavator to mine.

Anyway, my Yanmar Vio55-5B (about 4800 hours, 2008 model year) has a bad top carrier roller and bottom roller on the right track, going to replace them this week. Noticed a noise last week and stopped using it, thats when I found the bad undercarriage parts.

While moving it into a work place today noticed it pulls to the right, and while moving the front blade drifts down. At rest there is no blade drift, while digging --> no blade drift, if I lift the machine and just run the left track -> no blade drift, spin the cab --> no blade drift. The blade drifts down only if I run the right track.

I hope that the increased resistance from the 2 bad rollers is the cause, but wonder if it is a hydraulic issue, or a final drive issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.