• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mazed

Occupation
Freelancer
using genuine Yanmar fuel filters increases the performance of your engine and maintains emission levels. Yanmar fuel filters restrain water and dirt in diesel fuel from entering your engine and clogging the system. Yanmar fuel filters are the best solution for extended product life, excellent fuel filtration, and low emission levels.

why should we prefer Yanmar fuel filters?

First Class fuel filtration is a key point for Yanmar diesel engines to maintain excellent performance, comply with high emission standards, and extend product life. Use of genuine Yanmar Fuel Filters brings below features:

• Effective prevention of clogging prevents wear,
  • Intensive fuel filtration for extended product life,
  • High durability and less intervention
  • High-density filter paper, water, and oil flow repellent,
  • Microfiber design prevents entering of variously sized particles,

Last edited:

heymccall

Without remembering the whole part numbers, my new, in 2000, TL150 yanmar powered machines were equipped with a fuel filter that ended in -55800, and research reveled the the were 15 or so micron, and simply had a Yanmar screened bowl upstream as a separator.

After the second pump failure, digging revealed that Yanmar had a filter that ended in -55801 for use in 3rd world countries that was a more realistic 5 micron or so.
Armed with that document, I convinced my Takeuchi dealer to special order them, as there were none in the states at the time.

Later, I replaced the screened separator with an FM100 @30 micron, and have since updated all of my Yanmar separators.
Those machines now have over 9000 hours on the replacement pumps with no issues.

As an aside, yes, we dump rocks and leaves and water into our fuel, apparently out of boredom, but the filtration installed on them was clearly insufficient, and even Yanmar offered better filtration, albeit not in the states.

On the OEM screen and 15, I was lucky to get 150-200 hours on the fuel filters, and I now can go over 700 hours on the finer filter and better separator.

My above post was more in response to a non-supporting vendor saying Yanmar filters were superior. IMHO, they are equivalent to other brand name filters, but, the application wasn't engineered to match our poor fuel quality. ;)

And, at the time, I couldn't cross them to anything aftermarket to increase, or even match, the OEM.

I now run WIX and Baldwin.

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
I had trouble locating fuel filters for my Yanmar C60R years ago. I'm pretty sure it was the first stage filter/water separator that was difficult to get parts for. I pulled the stock unit and put on a Napa spin-on with a water drain valve in place of the OEM filter housing. Problem solved. Still going strong today.

Napa sells several different designs of filter bases and filter combinations when you want to change out from an OEM system. That was not the first or last machine that will get a different filtration system. Needless to say, Napa numbers are much easier and faster to locate within a day than some OEMs.