• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yanmar Engine Dealers on West Coast?

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I have a customer with possible engine problems on a Yanmar powered stationary genset.

I just talked to my Isuzu guy who told me how Yanmar fired all their dealers and has no network now.

This engine is a 3TN88 I believe. I'm going to diagnose it later.

I would like to know if there are any Yanmar dealers I can count on out here. Their locator did not inspire confidence, none of the companies on there have I ever heard of.

MarshallPowerGen

Occupation
Generator Technician & Equipment Mechanic
Was going to recommend reaching out to our old Yanmar contact, but looks like Amazon bought him up. Damn.

Old Growth

Dont know if it helps, but we bought a new Isuzu 3 cyl for one of our excavators from Hamilton Enines https://www.hamiltonpower.com/ in Portland and while installing it I noticed it had raised letters cast into it reading "YANMAR".

Isuzu tags all over it, but made by Yanmar.

Welder Dave

I think Mustang skid steers use Yanmar engines. A Mustang dealer might be able to get parts for you or already have them.

STEFANO

I have a customer with possible engine problems on a Yanmar powered stationary genset.

I just talked to my Isuzu guy who told me how Yanmar fired all their dealers and has no network now.

This engine is a 3TN88 I believe. I'm going to diagnose it later.

I would like to know if there are any Yanmar dealers I can count on out here. Their locator did not inspire confidence, none of the companies on there have I ever heard of.
3TNE88, or 3TNV88 Engine ??

Regards

AGA

Hello! For inquiries about parts supply, you can send us a request at www.aga-parts.com. We'll try to assist you. Don't forget to include the part numbers. Regards

MarshallPowerGen

Occupation
Generator Technician & Equipment Mechanic
I think Mustang skid steers use Yanmar engines. A Mustang dealer might be able to get parts for you or already have them.
Good point, should be able to reach out to a local Gehl/Mustang/Manitou dealer or rental yard with their machinery and see who they're working with for Yanmar parts.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
The problem was found to be an electric fuel pump, very unusual configuration so we are at "their" mercy. And merciless they are. I talked to the place in LA and they seem to be the best option. OEM of the equipment was higher. Deere dealer (Pape) said they are no longer with Yanmar, can't even look up parts. Gave me a number of a local small engine place, called, they are out of business.

Very disappointing but we will get it fixed for the customer.