• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yale forklifts good for warehouse work?

TerryH

Hi folks,

My warehouse company are considering buying a Yale (i.e. http://www.yale.com/emea/en-gb/) forklift truck and would like to know whether they're good quality machines before purchasing as we've never used a Yale before. Would you recommend Yale forkifts for warehouse work? Please let me know, yes or no, and most importantly why. I like to hear from real customers rather than rely solely on company websites!

Thanks in advance,

Terry

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
For the most part they are pretty good machine. Some of the newer machine have less than robust parts on them. For instance the keyswitch is held in with screws into plastic. Had a customer that had something fall on his key and broke all of the switch mounting screws. The machine would not start with the switch hanging. Ended up putting a hose clamp around the whole assembly to get it to start. The repair would have consisted of replacing the entire console assembly$$$$. He ended up selling the machine. If I were a buyer-user I would buy Toyotas. Of all the machines I work on they are by far in my experience the most robust machines. JJ

TerryH

Thanks for your quick reply Hardline, very useful!

Would you say the keyswitch problem/other issues with robustness are fairly common, or was that a rather unfortunate one off?

Thanks,
Terry

gr79

I drove Yale 4 wheel electrics 6000# capy for over 10 years. Triple mast, side shift forks
We leased them with service contracts. Got new ones every 3 or so years.
Most of them ran 3 shifts, 7 days. Warehouse, trailer/dock
They are the better brand. Pretty tough
Comfortable. Get the good adjustable seat option.
Good controls (standard), short levers next to seat.
Good visibility
Of course get correct type tires on any of them and treat them well
The AC version was a noticeable improvement over DC
Propane:
Toyotas suck uncomfortable seat position and long lever controls
Cat ok especially the older ones, now same as mitsib, clark ok, hyster ok crown ok
All need reg maintenance.
Trial them out first. They are all different getting on and off the machine.
And living with them every workday.

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
With that I must clarify my response. This was a gas machine. I have 0 experience with electrics.

TerryH

Ah, thanks for the clarification Hardline.

And thank you very much gr79 for your very detailed response! Will definitely trial them first.