• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yacht Salvage, Island style...

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
hey i would of taken that!!!! And why did they rip it to shreads in the water? Doesent that pollute the water?

360joe

Police action??

Only reason I can think of for breaking up such a nice expensive boat is maybe it is/was owned by criminals using it for drug or people trafficing. Confiscate and break it up? Only guessing

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Only reason I can think of for breaking up such a nice expensive boat is maybe it is/was owned by criminals using it for drug or people trafficing. Confiscate and break it up? Only guessing

I agree with you, but still, why wouldent they pull it up on land and crush it, so that loose debris doesent float away? And why not sell the boat to someone who could get use out of it?

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I agree with you, but still, why wouldent they pull it up on land and crush it, so that loose debris doesent float away? And why not sell the boat to someone who could get use out of it?

I'm not a boatman but looking at the location and assuming the craft is swamped/damaged, would the location have the facilities to beach then remove it for destruction, repair. I admit they had the ware withall to mobilise 2 decent size excavators but they might have already been up the beach a way doing something else. Having said all that it does seem a crying shame.

stumper120

that is the stupidest thing i have ever seen.:eek: at the very least put a chain on the thing and drag it inland with one of the excavators, and if one cant pull it use both. but dont run 2 machines in the surf. i dont care what the reasoning is you cant tell me they didnt spill fuel when the tore out the tanks. plus those boats have toilets/greywater tanks . even an american who typically makes bad decisions on the job whould have handled that smarter.:Banghead:Banghead

dayexco

it'd be my guess those pics were for our viewing pleasure.....i would bet the engines, fuel tanks, holding tanks....were already removed before it was shoved ashore...and the few pics were taken with people on board to make it look good. probably was the aftemath of a prior storm.

i mean really....why not throw a cable on it...get it up on dry land....then do your dismantle...this smells of a rigged photo shoot

Last edited: