• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

xm or sirius?

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
where i work its pretty much split 50/50 but i think sirius is way better>

lccmo

I dropped XM and got sirus due to the programming. I really like sirus's programming alot better.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
i dont know what im talking about, i forgot i get bumped off the d11 tommorow back to my 37 union ******** the guy that runs the 37 on another shift leaves his xm in there, so i guess its squizz in the morning, ya i hope if they merge that it only makes it better

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
:drinkup Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums bagged93!

Cavalo

Occupation
Dependant backhoe contractor for provincial natura
I gotta agree as well. full Bubba mark right here!

I have had Sirius for 3 years and love it. My folks had XM and I hated it.

What did they hate about XM?? I have it and yes their customer service is really bad........so is the reception (losing it around mountains and trees) but I like the programming they have.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
i am partial to sirius, mostly due to their programming but the more i listen to xm the more i like it. does any one ever listen to the radio classics? or old time radio on xm? some of those old time radio shows pass time. i really like the detective shows philip marlow, shadow.

plowking740

Occupation
Equipment operator
your forgetting the Twilight Zone, Superman and dont forget Xminus 1, lone ranger, Bonanza and Baby Snooks to name a few.

they sure help pass the time, ( between Howard and Bubba) and you dont get stuck listening to the same songs over and over again.
my Father talkes about some of them 'stories' and its kinda nice to know what heis talking about

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
i like all of those, you forgot have gun will travel i cant remember anymore. the cigarette comercials kill me, "switch to camels, we surveyed 50 doctors and after switching to camels they could breathe better, had no sore throat,its due to our quality tabaco" or something like that,my mom heard radio classics on my radio so i bought her 1 and she loves it too.

wormkiller

Occupation
IUOE Local 150
Had sirius 3 years, same receiver, 2 p u trucks, 4 hoes,2 crawlers and a dozer.If you cant find a good channel your going deaf. The outlaw country channel may have the best operaters soundtrack.

farm_boy

What did they hate about XM?? I have it and yes their customer service is really bad........so is the reception (losing it around mountains and trees) but I like the programming they have.

It was mainly the music selection. Sirius just seemed to play more and better songs. I have had rental cars with XM and I just don't think they play the "good" songs like Sirius.

Sirius

Sirius for me...Big 10-4 on Howard...I hope they merge so I can get baseball and football with the same radio,