• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

X for small marina

ezfriday

For light duty dredging why not look in to using an "add a stick" or "extendavator " attachment. I think it would be easier then trying to change out your entire boom and stick assembly. (Of course this is coming from a guy who sometimes has a hard time changing buckets. :D )

These look very promising...

Any idea how much they cost? Or any pre owned ones out there?

Thx,

ez

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
long reach

Bearing in mind that these are in the UK so shipping would probably rule them out, it might give you a guide to what is out there and cost.
The only pic I found is in the mag I get ( Plant World) and I cant copy it, but it shows both sections, boom and dipper, including : bucket ram, linkage and bucket. No top ram (dipper ram) shown in picture.
There are other colours so possibly for other makes shown in the picture.

Brand Long Reach Boom & Dipper Kobelco SK200,SK210

Price excl. VAT 8 500 GBP
VAT 1 275 GBP
Price incl. VAT 9 775 GBP

Year of manufacture 2008
Fits to following machines Boom base main pin 90mm boom base width 670mm
Machine Location West Yorkshire
David Hopkinson Ltd
Chris Hopkinson
chris@hopplant.demon.co.uk
+44 1977 621383
+44 7803 758103
+44 1977 620869
United Kingdom

Big Tackle Boy

Have you thought about looking at demolition rigs?

Alot of the demo rigs, with fixed reach equipment, over here have a hydraulic/mechanical set up so you can change between high reach and mass excavation booms in minutes. Most are supplied with their own storage and lifting frames as well.

We have supplied in the past exactly what you are looking for. The guy wanted long reach and mass excavation capabilities. All we did is build the excavator with a Long reach and ME booms with a demolition type quick hitch on the boom.

Might be worth consideration but depends on buget and machine size I guess.

BTB