• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

WTB..undercarriage and misc parts for komatsu D20-D21, new or used.....

centerline

does anyone have an old komatsu d20 or 21 they are parting out, or have usable parts laying around for one of these dozers?.... I need 4 lower rollers, 2 upper rollers and 3 pyramid pads for the tracks....
one of my front idlers have slightly loose bearings and would take a good used one to replace it, if one was available....

also some body parts... a replacement operators canopy/top, the lower external panel below the batteries, engine side covers and shift lever knobs....

and a parts manual, as the parts are fairly easy to find scattered around the country, as long as i can find the part number for the items i want.....

and maybe a name of an outfit that has the best pricing on parts for these little komatsu units......... thanks for any help you can offer.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
and I need a ripper unit for the D20 also, damaged or a good working unit doesnt matter...... thanks

A ripper with pyramid pads and your not going to be able to move. I welded 1.25" wide, 5/8" thick flat steel strips to a guys D20P tractor so he could move snow with it. Those pyramid pads were terrible in all soils whether tight, or loose. Absolutely worthless in snow he found out.

centerline

A ripper with pyramid pads and your not going to be able to move. I welded 1.25" wide, 5/8" thick flat steel strips to a guys D20P tractor so he could move snow with it. Those pyramid pads were terrible in all soils whether tight, or loose. Absolutely worthless in snow he found out.

I know the pyramid pads are not desirable in most cases, and I would prefer steet/excavator pads, but swamp shoes are what it is equipped with and the cost of new ones are out of the budget at this time, and a full set of used ones will be a rare find... so im trying to make do until i get this old worn out, new-to-me machine back in dependable working order and earning a little bit of its upkeep.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Understand fully and they really aren't a bad machine if you don't expect too much from them. We found that D20P6 would not attempt to pull my Ram 3500 empty without slipping the tracks easily if I was holding the brakes on the pickup. Just too light of tractor with little tractive effort from those pads. Once the grousers were welded up firmly, it was an animal for it's size.