• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

WTB: Cheap (as possible) Excavator, Massachusetts

MachOne

First post, great forum.

Looking for an older 30,000 lb+ excavator. I’m an engineer that grew up working for my family’s site construction company, so I’m cheap, and not afraid to run or fix an older machine. Looking for an older (read: as cheap as possible) excavator to develop a house lot for myself. Don't mind needing to resurrect it, but not looking for a total project.

Have a 4-stick machine that you can’t find an operator for anymore? Perfect.
Have a serviceable machine that’s old enough that you’ve considered scrapping it, but don’t have the heart to? Perfect.

Let it retire to a beautiful spot in the woods :), where it can keep an old track hoe (when I find one) company. It’d be like retirement community for old iron.

Located in the greater Worcester, MA area, but would consider one anywhere if the price were low enough to be worth moving.

Thanks,
-Michael