• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

WTB automatics for Deere 700 need a little advice

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
I've got a nice little 700H that doesn't get used as much as it could and I am thinking that if it had GPS or laser controls it would be used more often, the problem is that I don't know anything about what I need to set the machine up so I have a few questions.....

First of all I understand the difference between GPS and laser but most of the time I could get by with a laser for building pads and pond levees etc.

Can you run a flat grade such as building pads or levees on a GPS without paying someone to set up the program for you?

I could probably piece the equipment together from bits and pieces off of eBay but I don't know enough about what I need to jump into it.

If I could get by with laser setup how much should I spend? How about GPS?

Does anyone have anything used they would sell me ? If not where would be a good place to start looking?

Thanks pj

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
PM me on here if your interested.I have a complete auto laser setup for Deere dozer.

ExcaVision

Hi,

I have DozerVision laser guidance system if your interested. Upgradable to work on excavators too.

Send me an email if you want more information.

All the best,

Thor

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
Pm sent....... Still looking

shawnfromkc

you can run gps on flat plane without someone setting it up for you but you have to know how to do it yourself. after few times its easy..

Chad@SitechTR

It's not going to be automatics, but you could start out by putting a Spectra LR50W on the blade. It's a laser receiver that you could use with a rotating laser (flat plane, single, or dual slope)
The "W" is a remote display that you can put in the cab with you that shows basically what the laser receiver shows. It will show you led cut/fill and on grade lights and will also beep at you like a normal laser receiver.

http://www.spectralasers.com/produc...receivers/lr50-laser-machine-display-receiver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SPp4-fnt3w