• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Would you buy a Takeuchi TL8 with 2900 hours and a flashing triangle light for $20k?

wmeyer116

I'm on the fence about buying a Takeuchi TL8. It's a 2018 with 2800 hours. Looks to be in decent shape, save for needing sprockets. The seller said that it has a beeping triangle light, which I believe has to do with the Exhaust filter. He said he has not tried to do the forced regen.

If it was close by I would go and see, but it is 3.5 hours away from me. I'm wondering if it is most likely something simple, becuase if it was, that seems like it would be a good deal on a good machine. But wondering if this could be something much more expensive than just doing a manual regen.

Any thoughts?

Welder Dave

If it was simple the seller should have fixed it. You could make a deal that it's fixed before you take delivery and pay in full.

stinky goat

There are to types of TL8's. The ones that need and engine wiring harness, and the ones that are going to need an engine wiring harness.
I have one that needs one, but I am going to try and repair it, because I don't want to pay the dealer 1500 for the harness and another 1500 for the labor to replace it.