• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Working in the Heat

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
The original idea was that we’d leave the cold, high cost of living and low wages, no state income taxes, cheap vehicle registration, etc. I loved working in the oilfield of south Texas. what I did was trade 2 months of uncomfortable cold for 4-5 months of heat and humidity like I’ve never dealt with In east Texas. I thought it would be a little more mild here but I was wrong.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Well, maybe next year will be better. I know how uncomfortable it can be in east Texas. My first year down there was spent mostly in the Longview and Athens areas. not quite as hot as other spots, but plenty of humidity.

Mike L

Occupation
Only hit low 90s today. Felt downright comfortable after what we’ve had.

terex herder

As the Eagles sang "call some place paradise, kiss it goodby". The trick is to find a miserable you can stand, but not many others want to tolerate. My miserable is flat, hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and dusty all the time. And a long ways from much in the way of services.

Old Doug

If i had a better shop and i hope to someday the i probably wount have ac but if it had good heat and ventilation i could take the weather better. My sisters husband said last night he like when the weather changed thats kind of how i am.

crane operator

Weather broke here last weekend. This week has been great, highs in the upper 80's and lows in the 60's. Good thing too, I didn't think Mike L was going to make it.

Anyways- bring on the fall.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I had a job at a place I always dread, full sun and I always seem to get there in the afternoon. Mercifully it has been cloudy with a little rain now, it was wonderful.

Mike L

Occupation
Weather broke here last weekend. This week has been great, highs in the upper 80's and lows in the 60's. Good thing too, I didn't think Mike L was going to make it.

Anyways- bring on the fall.
It was a close one. Weather here has been a low of 70 and a high of around 100 this week. Doesn’t sound like much but it’s been a welcome relief. There’s a fairly good chance that I deep fried some brain cells this summer.