• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

working in oz

keily

hi guys someone out thare must be able to give me a few pointers as to working in australia im an excavator operator with 25yrs exp in roads /sewers and earthmoving hopefuly moving to perth wa next year
cheers keily :drinkup

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
G,day Keily, bit of a big question that I don't have time to answer completley at this stage. However, experienced operators such as yourself are in demand and you should not have too much trouble landing some work. You may find things somewhat different, predomintly due to so much of our work being in sand, but that won t take long to adapt.

I would send a resume to this company for starters:

http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/Australian-Civils

they are in deep drainage here in Perth but they also run crews up the North West where all the action is currently. Plenty of work FIFO at the mines (Fly In Fly Out) but you need to check these situation out.

We are in the middle of a resources boom so things are happening all over.

keily

HI SQUIZZY
thanks for your reply i was on holiday in perth in march i got a job to go to when i get thare with dm civil in maddington
i was also offerd employment with haulex
can you tell me the rough take home wage per week if your working fifo 2weeks on 1week off whare in perth are you. and who do you work for .are you in the mines .sorry for all the questions and being so nosey but if you dont ask you dont know ..lol,
ps ill buy you a beer if and when i get thare ..:drinkup

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Keilly, I'm just a small O/O contractor in perth...I mainly build retaining walls and do restricted access site works for the big guys. My nephew is at Karratha grit blasting on $46/hour plus penalties and OT...normally 60 hours a week....but the cost of living there is horrendous unless you get company accom. FIFO is $1600/week in hand and upwards depending on the site and your location...I'm a bit out of touch with that area.

Good machine operators get a min of $30/hour and upwards in Perth