• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

workin

xalexjx

had two different jobs going today

job one- 1/2 mile of road/ underground power clear 4 building lots
its a multi step job and will be completed through out the summer :cool:

P1010034.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010028.jpg

P1010030.jpg

P1010026.jpg

its a good start,

job two- clear about 2 arces, stump it, pull the rocks and rough grade some top soil on it, should be done tomorrow, on site burial for the stumps ;)

Was going to take some other pictures but as i got there to put fuel in the new sr115 it started down pouring...

P1010038.jpg

moving equipment, the 9'4" blade tucks in quite nicely..

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/xalexjx/P1010035.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/xalexjx/P1010036.jpg

Last edited:

xalexjx

dc 80 newholland, about 86hp and thats one of our two 115's, about the perfect size plus its nice having the blade doing mostly road/ clearing type of stuff, plus they're efficient on fuel for the most part, We had a 160 last year and we didn't use it as much as we should have. Im hoping to get an ed150 in the next week or two to try it out but who knows. Anyone have any experience with them?

on the 115's we also have the JRB quick couplers, they work great. for ditching and stuff i have a 5.5ft grade all bucket and it does a real nice job,,,

Last edited:

xalexjx

few of another job we just started Saturday, we cut out 600' of road and the lot removed all of the top soil off the whole site and drive way and piled it up to raise around the whole building site, buried brush on site and buried the rock. Installed power (underground) dug the foundation and stoned it. Not to bad for four days.. four more days to fill the center of the foundation, foundation drain, install water line, septic, 16 piers and clean everything else up.. the building is a 34x58 :cool:

Ill post up pictures in a day or two of the other jobs we have done. Its been crazy. We've done about 15 jobs in the past four weeks.

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/xalexjx/Excavation/

xalexjx

we try to be fast but not redo stuff, do it once and do it right is our motto ;) it went fast with all on site burial, but it was very rocky.. im sure nedly can attest to the soils around here.. were just waitin for the foundation to be poured and the well to be drilled. its kind of a pain being over an hour from our shop but its work..

xalexjx

yea thats all that matters, you guys have to keep a lot of iron on site?

here we just had a dozer, 115 kobelco, mini excavator, tandem, small chevy 3500 dump and a service truck, thats about it. for two days we had the triaxle hauling in stone. we have another job going right now too. 32x26 house being jacked up off a 6ft foundation, 3 feet further, were digging out the old foundation and pouring another one underneath it. the house is 1 foot up in the air right now, but we all have a four day weekend this week so next week were going to go in and finish that whole job. we have another 115 there and a small 40hp new holland tractor there. havnt been there scince the cribbing was all getting set in on monday but im going to go over and make sure everything is going as planned tomorrow after noon when i get back into town, next tues me and another kid are starting some road work, 4 miles of road to be ditched, graded and raked.. the road has to be done by july 4 :eek: :D

back to work :)

nedly05

we try to be fast but not redo stuff, do it once and do it right is our motto ;) it went fast with all on site burial, but it was very rocky.. im sure nedly can attest to the soils around here.. were just waitin for the foundation to be poured and the well to be drilled. its kind of a pain being over an hour from our shop but its work..

Hes not kidding, there are very few places around here that you can dig and not run into bone. Great pics, looks like a fun job. Do you cut the road out with the skidder then stump it/rough it in with the excavator, or use the excavator to remove the trees and rough it in as you go? Love that 115SR, how do you like that? We like our 70SR it would be nice to trade our old 490 for a nice 115SR! Good Job, nice lookin work, What town is that in??

xalexjx

its in raquette lake. We knock the trees over stumps and all, carry them to one spot or two spots limb them, cut the stumps off spin to the other side of the road, cut the trees into logs and continue on, it works good with two guys on chain saw and one running excavator and dozer switching back and forth. just as fast as i was knocking them down they were cutting them up. we cut the first half of the drive way with three of us, then two kept cutting and i cut all the top soil off the beginning of the road. the next morning two cut and me and another kid who worked for us short hauled the cob rock onto site with the small dump truck and mini excavator. our triaxle just stock piles it, with a 19 foot box its hard to back into these tight spots. as he hauled in the cob rock i spread it with the dozer and kept cleaning it up.. Next job im going to try to change things up a tad but it works pretty well. The 115's are nice, perfect size, anything smaller and we would have had a hard time with the rocks. Im going to wait till this fall and were going to snag a sk160 again i think. it was a nice machine to have for grubing lots ect. But it is a pain keeping track of what we already have. :pointhead

edit: we sold both skidders and the log loader, there was no money there. You prolly saw them in the want ad this spring..

nedly05

The 115 size machine is nice, a 160 with the SR would be great, someting like the 150 blade runner would be a dream, especially for road building. We still have our skidder basically for firewood, I start it up once in a while but we havent used it for anything other than a joyride in over a year. What make is your dump truck? Do you move with a tag a long or do you have a lowboy?

Last edited by a moderator:

xalexjx

we had a blade runner on rental for a while. I didnt like it, digging on the blade side was hard with it sticking out too far. a blade runner is actually a 160 undercarriage with a 135 upper structure. From what my sales rep says next year theyre coming out with a 135 with a blade. Ill wait a year or so after they come out and ill try/ buy one. Time to upgrade the old sk115. We have an 87 freight liner tandem, its in great shape, my dad bought it brand new and its been babied since day one, My uncle who works for us bought a 2006 freigtliner tri-axle, he likes it alot. our 87 out pulls his though with the 444 cummins and the fuel upgrade it pushes close to 500hp. We just have a 20 ton tag, would like to get a tractor/ trailer but cant justify it with the cost of it+ insurance and the amount of use it would actually get. Didnt bring the camera but today we jacked the house to 9 feet and dug out a wall, dont want to do to much more because the concrete is a week or so out. so tomorrow the road work starts, itll be a busy day.. :cool:

xalexjx

been a busy two weeks, havent had a camrea with me at all

last week, we ditched and graded 4.5 miles of road, that took 3.5 days

dug a 32x40 foundation which was mostly on ledge,

put in a drive way in chester town, and clearing the lot,

jacked up a 26x30 house with an 8' pourch and dug out the old footings and walls. they're pouring the new foundation as we speak. I did 4 coulverts for the town this after noon, started a septic system, also we have another drive way started. Tomorrow ill be on the road doing some pre-bidding on some commercial work.. my heads spinning as im typing this, heres the only pics i took.. :eek:

Attachments

• P1010014.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 106
  • P1010013.jpg
    P1010013.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 107

nedly05

Cool pics, we've been on a couple of those house jackin' jobs in the past year, we didnt jack them though an outfit from the Saratoga area did. Do you have any pics of your trucks?