• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

work in canada

johndeere7530

thinking of heading to canada in the new year

whats the story with work and a visa do i need to have a job before i go.

over here in ireland i drive wheeled backhoes, excavators, tractors.
would try drive anything.
i wouldnt mind trying a bit of logging.

TIA
nick

buddy605

Occupation
Engineering tech/ survey
Vinci may be the easiest place to look. They have a couple of companies in fort crack like graham brothers. There is a real shortage of skilled people there.

thinking of heading to canada in the new year

whats the story with work and a visa do i need to have a job before i go.

over here in ireland i drive wheeled backhoes, excavators, tractors.
would try drive anything.
i wouldnt mind trying a bit of logging.

TIA
nick

speedy

Even if the guy is Irish, don't send him to Fort MacMurray straight away!! :D Calgary or Edmonton , even Regina or Saskatoon have a lot of subdivision and highway/street construction. Logging is in the doldrums right now, and very seasonal.

SummitHR

There's also an incredible shortage of Heavy Equipment Mechanics. If you know of any that need work and aren't afraid to work, send them my way.

alco

Vinci may be the easiest place to look. They have a couple of companies in fort crack like graham brothers. There is a real shortage of skilled people there.

For the record, Graham Brothers is a different company all together than Graham Construction....neither of which are Vinci companies.

There also isn't much of a shortage of skilled people here right now. Cutbacks and cancellations of major projects have scaled back the construction work immensely.

lapoderosa7

hi! good to know there are quite a number of available positions for skilled people. what about visa requirement for European citizens? of course would be ideal to get a job before moving in but if not, are the Canadian authorities quite restrictive on this matter? tx

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
For the record, Graham Brothers is a different company all together than Graham Construction....neither of which are Vinci companies.

There also isn't much of a shortage of skilled people here right now. Cutbacks and cancellations of major projects have scaled back the construction work immensely.

Not to mention seemingly non-stop rain in some parts of Alberta if not a good part of it.

Dad5

There's also an incredible shortage of Heavy Equipment Mechanics. If you know of any that need work and aren't afraid to work, send them my way.

Hey SummitHR, where are you located and what's available for positions?