• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Woodchuck Hyroller 1200 Chipper with LRG-425 EFI engine

Terratopia

Hi,

I have a 2002 Woodchuck chipper with a Ford LRG-425 EFI Engine, and I have about the same problem then the people with a manlift with the LRG-425 EFI engine, it's flooding and if it runs, it runs very rough. I tried to get information from Altec, who bough out Woodchuck, but they can't or don't want to help me out. The problem is one of the sensors or the ECM. the problem is that the Woodchuck chipper has no display to read out the error code. It has a 4 wire plus what it seems you can hook up to a PC with an interface and then you can read the error code Also I don't have a service manual of the LRG-425 EFI, can someone help me?
Thanks,

Greg

Jonas302

Know nothing of that engine but on a ford efi system severe flooding can often be the engine coolant sensor reading -40 due to open sensor or wire leading to easy to test with ohm meter or jump across harness to give it a high temp reading you will find the coolant sensor on the thermostat housing or on intake poking into the water 2 wire and similar sensor will be air temp could cause problems but not as common

Map sensor if mounted off engine might have a bad vacuum hose

fuel pressure regulator if it has a round little can on the return fuel line pull the vacuum hose off when running make sure gas is not coming into the vacuum line from leaky diagram