• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

wondering about a 110 John Deere

Mikefromcny

Occupation
Mechanic
My old neighbor bought one a few years ago. Loader has the skid steer quick tach. Not sure if they are all like this, his had the back hoe, and could be removed to install 3 point hitch arms and pretty sure it had a PTO as well. Think it was about 40 hp and hydrostatic drive. As far as I know he loves it.

cgraham1

Why buy a 40 hp machine when you could buy an 80 hp machine for the same price? I'm sure they are great machines, but once you run a fullsize machine it's really hard to go back and run a small machine.... and they are really expensive! Even used ones.

vortechys

I have a JD 110 TLB. Have used it for a few years now. Bought it used from a nursery. Did not have the backhoe. I have a small farm with horses, and use it quite often. I really like it. Starts in all kinds of weather . The quick attach skid steer hook up on the front is easy to use and allows quick changing of attachments. I move large round bails with the forks no problem. Have a plow I use for moving snow. Box scraper for the back. Seeder spreader and 55 gal liquid tank . All run off of the PTO. No problems. The 4 wheel drive works great. Goes through mud real well. Wish I had the backhoe attachment. Went to JD dealer , was $10,000 if I ordered it. Too much for me. Could get mini backhoe for less $$.
Overall, nice machine. Does everything I need it to do. Glad I found it.

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
I am on my second one. First one I sold with about 4,000 hrs on it. I have about 5600 hrs on my second one. It is a great machine that is basically trouble free. If you have any specific questions about the machine, l'll try to answer them. I use it both as a backhoe and a skiploader. It does the job of a bigger machine yet gets around in tight spaces much better.