• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wiper gland trouble Case 580C

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
I hear you polymath....I work for an electric and gas utility. For over 25 years I was fixing and teaching about the stuff (bucket trucks, cranes, backhoes, tractors, trailers, etc.). Then, they said, we want you to sit at this desk and type on a keyboard, ok, and we are going to pay you more...that was 10 years ago, and I hate it...got 3 more to go and I will be tinkering around full time, for myself!

Polymath

I hear you polymath....I work for an electric and gas utility. For over 25 years I was fixing and teaching about the stuff (bucket trucks, cranes, backhoes, tractors, trailers, etc.). Then, they said, we want you to sit at this desk and type on a keyboard, ok, and we are going to pay you more...that was 10 years ago, and I hate it...got 3 more to go and I will be tinkering around full time, for myself!
Yes Swetz, people think that sitting behind a desk all day is so easy but I think the mental hurdles and having to sit make me more tired than if I did manual labor all day. It gets old for sure.