• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

winter blues

NWH

Who else has the winter blues. It seems to rain every other day here in
N. Louisiana and brings almost all work to a stop. We have a little work to
do but can not get to do any of it. Farm irrigation and site clearing for new
residential construction. It has been a little slow here this year so was not
really able to prepare for winter financially. I am ready for spring right now !

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
i feel your pain. i am looking at multiple more months of a dismal work outlook. it gets hard to keep smiling. at least my brothers and sisters are in the same boat.

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
im not sure if its the winter blues or other job related issues im having. Im going to lose it one day!

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
We had been going steady up until tuesday, when the major storm hit. 16 inches of snow, which stopped my main job for a bit however put 30 hours on the grader in the past 36 hours, not bad though just go wing and push snow and no one bothers me. With all the snow it has put a blanket on top of the ground and so far is holding the ground from becomming froze so we might be back moving dirt/mud next week.

Trbo

Blue Collar

It sucks if there wasnt a lot of work, but i for one look foward to my winter break, no more traveling, just get to relax. But the time spring comes around i cant wait to go back.

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
The winter lets me bid more jobs which is good as I get days off from weather. The bad side is I can't do much outside on machinery or paint scaffolding.

cummins05

Up here we need winter to work need the cold to get the skegs all froze up.

its been warm here up till last week now its cold and snowing I got put out on the grader that was a nice day pay wise and there seems to be lots of work coming in with the cold now. I make more money in the winter then i do in the summer so ain't no winter blues here.

swampdog

Minus 28.1 Celsius (about minus 18 Fahrenheit) here this afternoon. Rain in Louisiana sounds good about now, although rain can be depressing. On the bright side, at least here we have a blue sky and sunshine.