• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Windshield wipers don't clean windshield

suladas

Beyond frustrated trying to fix wipers on my WS. Every time I get them working OK as soon as I need them they will hardly, if at all take water off the windshield. I've tried bending the arm a bit, I bought some springs that are suppose to add some pressure, and today when I need them nada. After messing around with them they worked ok for about 5 minutes but back to nothing. They are brand new blades, I replaced old ones thinking it would help but it didn't. The spring in the arm seems to have a fair bit of force but something just isn't right? Other then trying to find a new arm at a wrecker what can I do? Is there a special blade that's really soft that would help or waste of time? Drivers and passenger side are both just as bad.

hosspuller

First make sure the wiper is holding the blade parallel to the glass. The rubber has a pivot built-in to switch directions. If the blade isn't parallel the blade doesn't wipe correctly. Then ...Try a bottle of RainX Makes the water bead up. If there's enough air flow, don't need the wipers.

suladas

I’ve cleaned glass numerous times, helps a tiny bit at first. I will have to check position, because of windshield angle there is about 3” of blade that doesn’t touch glass at rest. I also noticed today how easy blade pops off, it doesn’t lock in that well. But today for most of the time the blades weren’t wiping anything off at all.