1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Geek Patrol' started by Grader4me, Apr 4, 2009.

1. bear

bear Senior Member

Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
    Overclocking is nice and can be usefull. I always looked at it like running an engine way above safe RPM for tool long, eventually something will go wrong.

2. Cat420

Cat420 Senior Member

Construction, small engine and machine shop work
    For gaming laptops with similar guts to alienware, check out www.sagernotebook.com Their high end stuff is made by Clevo, which is where alienware gets the base units and adds their own look to them.

I have one of the smaller ones (2096). It will play most normal games, but still gets 4 hours of battery life. The bigger ones are just nuts with one offering dual 1gb graphics cards and 3 hard drives.

3. Wolfcsm

Wolfcsm Well-Known Member

I was able to price one just over $6k. Not too bad for what the system had in it. But would still be concerned about the heat.

Good site.

Hal

4. HEO Girl

HEO Girl Well-Known Member

Fence & Guardrail Installation
    Here, there, and everywhere in Maine and beyond
    Jeez haha I'm lookin to stay around the $1.5k range . . Since I am a poor college student haha. Just so long as it plays Star Craft 2 and Diablo III I'll be a happy camper!

5. Cat420

Cat420 Senior Member

6. HEO Girl

Did you here anything about Nvidia having issues with there higher end video cards such as the 9800? Just curious I heard that they were failing. Had 2 friends with higher end cards by them that failed out. I know they were having a recall awhile back. Just wondering if that's fixed or if you've herd anything. I do love Nvidia :)

7. Cat420

Cat420 Senior Member

I had heard some, but supposedly they changed some things. Kind of like car recalls and problems, who really knows in the end. I got the 3 year warranty for $139, so I'm good to go. My brother had some issues with his laptop and Sager was good to deal with and made it right.

8. HEO Girl

Ya I'd most likely go with a 3 year warrenty . . You never know what will happen. Haha I probably know that more then anyone here.