• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Will a quick attach 10' dozer 6-way blade work on a 953C trackloader?

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
I bought a 953C trackloader with quick attach system and would like to have a dozer blade to use on it also. I have found a used 10' 6-way blade that supposedly came off of a 953. Does anyone have expierence with this type of application or know how to connect the hydraulic system. The Cat dealer tells me it would cost $10K for them to install it, I can't afford that, so I am hoping to do it myself. Thanks for any advice pro or con. Also I have pictures of the blade.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,102
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,083
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,063
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,226

grunk36

Occupation
trainer/technical support with TRIMBLE/SITECH denm
you will probably need some kind of valve that can override the usual functions and you will have to have the extra hydraulic for an 4 in one bucket a normal machine only have two funtion bucket lift and bucket tilt/dump
you will need a 3rd one
one for blade up down one for tilt left right and one for angle
the blade up/down would be the ordinary but you will have to somehow get the bucket dump function overrided and shifted out to the blade til function and add the angle

Monte1255

Occupation
Farming/forestry/TSI
Would the hyd from the quick attach system work to power the blade or would there not be enough flow? Seems from your post that you have got hyd to the front of the loader and if it worked out at least your angle or tilt function is already taken care of, what I'm thinking, is a solenoid valve set up on the aux circuit to control angle and tilt. or, maybe manual diverter valve? I guess the supply to the quick tach that you have is the main question, but I'd be interested in hearing from you on how it turns out, or what you decided to do.

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
I am unsure if that hydraulic unit would have enough flow capacity to run the tilt or angle. At present it runs only the quick attach, the pump thing looks like a unit that many farmers use to raise a hay bale spike in a pickup. I am going to proceed with setting the machine up somehow to run the blade functions. I think being able to have a blade & bucket will be very handy. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the post Monte1255

d9gdon

I would think that you could put a diverter valve in the circuit that runs the tilt cylinder so that it would operate the angle cylinders. It would need to be in the cab where the operator would have quick access to it, maybe foot operated and mounted to the floor? After all, how many times do you need to tilt the blade and angle it at the same time? Seems like it would be a pretty simple system that would keep the cost down.

By the way, I have never seen one of those quick attach six way blades before for a track loader. Looks like a handy item.

Last edited:

Monte1255

Occupation
Farming/forestry/TSI
yeah d9 you are probably right about the flow coming from the bucket tilt circuit. I guess I was thinking that the quick attach system worked off of the same system as the third valve. I'm some what familiar with the older 53's and from what I was able to figure out the flow for the hyd. comes from the pump on the side of the engine, that pump has a flow of about 30 gallons per minute and ample pressure to run the cylinders on the blade. But...........as you (JBgash) are running a c series there is a good chance that the pump circuits have changed, and for that reason thinking as well that a solenoid valve may be best set up in the tilt circuit.
I've toyed with the idea of a foot control as well, seems the hand controls are plenty enough to handle all by themselves.
On my 53 I've only got bucket tilt and boom with no aux. and I'd like to add a grapple to my system so if you find a valve (preferrably a foot control) that will work let me know I'm very interested in your circuit design ideas and applications. For the record, Atco has some pretty good ideas as well, and we have disscussed this issue in the past. Only downfall is some valves tend to get pretty spendy.