• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Why are my deere 644 rims breaking?

AzIron

I used to see that same thing about ten to fifteen years ago. Add wheel loader center pins every 5,000 to 6,000 hours. In the last five years I've been seeing a heck of improvement in the Deere product line across the board. Wheel loaders in dairies were a big surprise when I was inspecting machines that had in excess of 20,000 hours on the clocks. They all had a lot wrong with them, but so did the Cats and Komatsu loaders. None of them had bad hitches either. I don't know what it cost to get that many hours but I was surprised at them getting there at all. A lot of the large construction customers use all small Deere dozers in their fleets. The operators like the visibility under the back of the blades and the feel of the load being pushed. Undercarriage life was still an issue though.

Dairy loaders see abuse most people couldn't imagine the dairy I worked at put 4 yard buckets on 2 1/2 yard machine cause feed is bulky but that bucket gets used on every material and we were clocking 500 hours a month the cans will be hammered and fenders and lights all broke but you will know who makes a good machine after 2 years