• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Why Are Auction Prices on TS14G's Much Lower Than 627G's

tctractors

Aussie Leroy, this Earth we live on is the oddest place, Because it usualy rains on any day ending with a Y in the U.K. I carry a towel and 2 sets of clothing, but this year its been bone dry, the rain has been nothing in the lower part of our rock, the winter was a right nightmare, it killed a big old Aussie tree in my garden that bears love, the constant minus temps of up to -20 realy sorted the men from the boys working outside fixing Dozers, I would like to think I can stick crap longer than most, but Dec 25th was just to cold, I was glad of the day off without looking a softy, bulk muckshift using over hung scrapers now in the U.K. is not the common thing with only 4 to 5 small teams working, there is still plenty of tractor and box's on the go and this is a regular earner for me, the high drive tractors are laughed at by most owners running D8 size and above kit, as not enough earning power and alcoholic need for fuel, so I still find plenty of D8K work, the D6R thing is again tempered with a hate (not mine) of the dash 2 and newer kit with there very poor service life compaired to the 3306 powered units that can be fixed so easily, running scrapers in bad muck and rain is the toughest job going, when I worked on a Scraper team the only thing I longed for is a full nights sleep, this I never seemed to get.

Aussie Leroy

tctractors;Tell me why are the high tracks not liked and the D8K is so good, in my part of Oz you don't see that many 8K's compared to 8N's > 8T's. I have watched plenty of RolyD8K's video's of 8K's and boxes it always looks cold,snow,rain,and mud. Those tractor do a great job, In the UK you must have to warm them machines up for half an hour before starting work

I can not comprehend working on spanners in minus 20c ,in my area is classed as cold in Oz and it has day temps of 5c to 45c never below

Last edited:

tctractors

A.L. the cost of a High Drive plus the often poor track life and weight thing compound to make the K series tractor a good money earner, I often work for some real money rotten people that get told by their bank that the safe is full untill the truck comes to make some space???, so the actual cost of the big high drive unit realy is not an issue, its the earning thing that keeps the old bangers working, after buying a knackered D8K for around £25'000 and going through it a bit possibly spending another £25'000 (repair= full tax deduction) the old banger can soon start turning a profit, if they are hooked up to an hydraulic box (pan) or a cable style one its becomes a cheap outfit, string box's are still found for £4'000 and less in the U.K. with good boots on (rubber bits), all you need is a soil strip job with a tip each end of the site to realy turn out some good yardage, a great way to make cash.

tctractors

Leroy, make sure you do, I would be more than happy to give you a bit of a look see and try this bit of a banger.

tctractors

amscontr

Occupation
Operating Engineer 520
You would be surprised what 27's will go threw with the right operators in the seats, we have ran dbls threw mud up to the door, and we have ran triples threw conditions worse then that! I dont know if you guys have ever heard of interstate 370 that runs threw illinois and missouri but most of that highway sits down in the mississippi river bottoms, and kolb built tht using 10 37's and 12 27's. And the whole thing was built with sand that was being dredge and pumped out of the mississippi river. It took a D8L pushing and a D9h with a hook on the back to get the 37's threw the cut and get them loaded, but the 27's would push pull right threw it.
vapor Interstate 370 runs from I-270 to I-70 in Missouri only. I think you might mean Interstate 270.
Back when they were building I-370 I hauled a lot of Code "L" Lime to Dave Kolb Grading out there by the Missouri River in St. Charles. Also I hauled alot lime for the I-255 project back in the day also. Not trying to stir anything here just that I-370 runs in Missouri only.

vapor300

yeah i got a lil confused, and you proably hauled the lime out there whenever they were capping the sand with 3ft of black dirt

ct224

my understanding is the terex machines break more, and you can't get parts nearly as fast as you can with cat.

wnydirtguy

like any machine it depends on the guy running it. we had a job with a lot of terexs running. most of the machine ran fine except one. the guy beat on to much and it always was by the mechanics truck.

D&GExcavating

We've only ever owned 2 scrapers at a time. We always used to have Terex TS-14s and they were always better than Cats in soft situations, but you always get guys who didn't know how to shift them that would take out the transmissions. We traded them off for 2 Cat 627Bs and the Cats move more dirt hands down. Theres just more power, and better serviceability.

wsw

I got to say, how can these guys even compare the TS14's to the 627's. Not even close. And I have worked on both the Cat is built like a Sherman tank and the Terex is built like a Cub Cadet lawn tractor. In hard work you will just kill those TS14s

Crubba

Thats a simple Question they are an underpowerd heap of rubbish worst scoop I've ever operated I put 500hrs on a brand new one frustrated the whole time.