• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who would like to see the "C" version of the 943 Caterpillar Loader?

Louis 955 jr

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I think the 943c (if made) would be a good selling track loader. I have a 943 and I love it. I'm currently using it to dig a pond and even though it's small it gets the job done. I would love to see the improvements Caterpillar would do to this loader. Tell me your thoughts!

Stick Pro

I would buy a 943D tomorrow if they would make one again. It was a big mistake when they replaced the 43 with that pos 939.

jimmyjack

i heard from the cat salesman that we are renting our machines from here in sc, said the cats gonna stop making the 939 and the CTL 299 will replace it .......i dont know just what i heard:beatsme guess there isnt much market for a track loader that small when u can get a CTL that big and be able to run attachments on the skid

Louis 955 jr

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I ran one of the 299's and the 277's at a rock quarry and a asphalt plant an I absolutely loved them. They could easily out work a 939.

Stick Pro

We have a 935c also and a 287. We ordered last week a 289, it should be in 6 weeks i love the new ctl. But our 935 will out dig it and out push it. Bolth machines have there place on the job. A 299 would never have a chance to compete with a 943, all they have to do is bring it back 943D.

swampdog

Call me an old fogie, but I'd like to see a new version of the 955. I had a few of that model and absolutely loved them.

Having a new version of the 955 would be like having another chance to buy a new Camaro or Chevelle big block from the late sixties!:D

Louis 955 jr

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
True about the 943. But yeah I would like to see the New version of a 955 I have a 955k and it is awesome. It's wrecked plenty of houses and dug plenty of ponds. And it's still going strong, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

nzpatch

how can a 4 ton ctl out work a 10 ton trackloader? can a 299 get the power to the ground? a 939c/943 will, dont get me wrong ,i like the cat ssl/mtl/ctl line but i dont see them taking over from the trackloaders. or will they with steel tracks?

jimmyjack

like i said ....just what i heard , cause its just because they (cat) doesnt sell many small track loaders its more the 963/973 size , most people buy skids i guess....and just what i was told buy a salesman

BritOperator

Occupation
Operator
I for one would love to see CAT bring back the 943 in any form. I had one as my first shovel and it was the best machine I have ever had. I would love one day to run my own 943 but unfortunately they are not used as much in the UK as they are in the US so getting business would be hard but who knows I may still do it.

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
I doubt that in pure dirt-hogging applications that even a 299C or TL250 will outwork a 939C -- the buckets are bigger on the full-size track loaders. That being said, the numbers of 90 HP crawlers sold is pretty low. They are expensive to maintain relative to a dozer, and in Europe and North America, where the lot sizes continue to shrink, I don't think that the market would support more than one-hundred a year... owning the market (973) is one thing, but splitting it between two manufacturers (605D, 943D) would probably not be on Cat's list of priorities.

But that's just my take. Maybe the crazy engineers are working on a 943D as I type this.

JDOFMEMI

The 939 doesn't even come close. Our 943 is pushing 16000 hours and doing well. Too bad there's no work:(

This tells a story right here. T

he ctl/mtl will never last like a real track loader. from what I see, these little machines are used up by the time they hit 4000 to 5000 hrs. They are fast and versatile, and use many attachments, but they ar ebuilt light and cheap, so they don't last.
I bet the cost per hour is lower on a 943 than it is on a 287 too.

them1677

I doubt that in pure dirt-hogging applications that even a 299C or TL250 will outwork a 939C -- the buckets are bigger on the full-size track loaders. That being said, the numbers of 90 HP crawlers sold is pretty low. They are expensive to maintain relative to a dozer, and in Europe and North America, where the lot sizes continue to shrink, I don't think that the market would support more than one-hundred a year... owning the market (973) is one thing, but splitting it between two manufacturers (605D, 943D) would probably not be on Cat's list of priorities.

But that's just my take. Maybe the crazy engineers are working on a 943D as I type this.

I saw at the IQ show that Liebherr is selliing the 614 with a quick coupler that takes attachments. I am not sure what it fits but it had a rockland root rake and a 4 in 1 bucket. I was told the 614 is what they were building for deere as the 605. It looked like a good tweener of a smaller rubber tire and the larger steel track loader.