• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who would buy an equipment video game?

Would you purchase an equipment video game?

• Yes

Votes: 106 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 10.2%

• Total voters

jlm335

Banned
Occupation
student/part owner of Ernie Mankins & Sons Constru
Having any luck there. Have had a few good ideas form tractors by net. Customizing machines and having manyjobsites and types of work to keep it from getting boring.
Eh, I got mixed results, I am goin to bring it back to the top, might post it in another place over there. But most of the answers were either yes, its a waste of time imo, or they didnt answer seriously (imagine that.. haha)

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
Wow. Sonething I thought was interesting was that by having specilized controlers for the machines.

jlm335

Banned
Occupation
Wow. Sonething I thought was interesting was that by having specilized controlers for the machines.
Yeah, it'd be a lot more fun if they had actual joysticks for running the trackhoe instead of just using a regular Playstation remote or something..

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
Deffinitly would. I tell you some people have great ideas that I would never have thought of. Good thing we are asking.

jlm335

Banned
Occupation
Yeah it is, do you have any idea how we/you are goin to address a game creating company with this idear?

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
Not really that shure. I was thinking along the lines of some type of something to email them or mail to them outlining what we would like and the facts on how many people like this and what they want. Something like that.

Clayton M

I am going to copy the link to the dozer and excavator thread so others will be able to see it.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
:nono

That's what's known as "crossposting" and is generally considered bad "netiquette". I'm sure anybody interested in this topic has already read it in this forum.

Clayton M

Sorry about that, I just thought that it would be a good way to get some more people involved. I will not do it again.

Hendrik

Will there be any chasing of the greenie treehuggers with a bulldozer?
What about bribing the local officials to win that contract?
Hiring hitmen to take out the competition?
Seriously though the problem I see is that there is two schools of thought here, one is the machine simulation and the other is a business simulation.
Personally I would go for the business simulator type, a machine simulator would get real boring real quick, the stick goes down, the bucket digs in, the boom goes up, now do it a 1000 times but hitting the truck will loose you points, as will half buckets:D
BTW I voted no, as I would not buy a equipment simulator but would a business simulator and I enjoy playing transport tycoon now and again

Last edited: