• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who would buy an equipment video game?

Would you purchase an equipment video game?

• Yes

Votes: 106 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 10.2%

• Total voters

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
Hey guys another user and I are trying to get video game companies to make an equipment video game. First we want to get some answers so they know that they can make money off this type of game. Then we will contact them and it may heppen. Thanks

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
Definitely! It be cool if you start out with a dump trailer and backhoe then build your company up. advertise and bid on jobs. buy newer equipment and hire employees. maybe have different areas to specialize in(demo,land clearing,site work, residential, enviornmental) hope you guys can get something going. id even buy a new system just to play the game

basspro

I would pay $50 or so, uness it came with a specific type of controller, like some do for the WII

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
It would be sweet and i hope that we can get it going. Maybe as a whole (entire forum community) we could prove that it would be worth it instead of 2 guys with data.

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
you can show them the tread. maybe post on a couple of forums to get more input

HeyUvaVT

i would buy it...like hammer said building a company would be great...but you need to be able to get some seat time in the game as well...i dont care what it costs i would have one

Dazman

There are a couple of very basic games floating around the internet.... A while back I played around with a couple, but graphics were crap and machines barely did the right job.

If someone was to produce a good game, I'd buy it.

Well me and dieselnut are working to get everyones opinion and input before we go to the gaming companies. all input, ideas, thoughts and everything would help us a ton to get this where we are wanting it to go. thanks

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
There are a couple of very basic games floating around the internet.... A while back I played around with a couple, but graphics were crap and machines barely did the right job.

If someone was to produce a good game, I'd buy it.

we want to try and get someone to make a properly function game with great detail and graphics just like all of the other games out there

oriden

Occupation
Equipment operator/ truck driver/ wrench operator/
i was able to find a good half decent game out there! its called bagger simulator 2008

HOWEVER! it is in german (hence bagger in sted of digger) but you are able to operate a dozer, wheel loader, excavator, dump truck and some sort of mining machine.

it is avaible through amazon's german site or for the few computer geeks around here you are able to aquire it out there if you look hard enough..;) i did so for free its great but the conversion from the euro doesnt make it worth the $$$ other wise its a great educatioal tool it does alow you to set up 2 joy sticks as if it were real!! :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
There are a few crane simulators out there for free, do a Google search for "tower crane simulator"

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
i would buy one in a heartbeat, build roads or mine start your own company or run a huge fleet, i bought a cat game for the computer and it was junk, i would love to see it in the ps3 format, and i love nba live also almost as much as maddens football

BLASZER

Occupation
Local #17 union operator
I had one for my playstation called DIRTJOCKEY...You run a hoe, dozer , offroad dump , and crane....The hoes was cool because the 2 toggles on the controller are like the real controls in a hoe.I got it for 9 bucks on ebay..

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
Wow i would never have expected all this input. ps3 seems to be the one most people want any other systems people would want it on. also feel free to suggest what you would like to see in the games