• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who Wants to See Some Iron?

euclid

Occupation
Engineering
my old 830 I finally got cleaned up and got the bush hog on. I did some extensive repairs over the winter and cleaned her up and she is running well.
Although I'm thinking of replacing the older lights and adding LED's so when I'm on public roads I can be seen better....

Attachments

• Deere-Nov.jpg
    Deere-Nov.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 646

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
my old 830 I finally got cleaned up and got the bush hog on. I did some extensive repairs over the winter and cleaned her up and she is running well.
Although I'm thinking of replacing the older lights and adding LED's so when I'm on public roads I can be seen better....

Very nice piece of iron! Powershift or sync shift?

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
I lived down in the Banana Belt. Wayne grows corn, soybeans, wheat and rents some land out for tomato's.

But we also grow Carrots, Onions, Garlic, Sugarbeets, Spelt and now the new rage is Organic Crops..... but I keep telling kristin all that means is they were sprayed at night.

When I was back home in Ontario last week I actually got to do some farming. I spread some liquid manure and cultivated a couple hundred acres with the 35ft Triple K and my favourite old JD 4430. Some kid was running the 9400, so I took the mans tractor.... I even spent a half hour with the 8ft Triple K and a David Brown 990.

No Till planting is great and all, but wow does the ground get hard after awhile. Guys in our area have been doing it long enough without any deep tillage that the ground is getting hard so mouldboard plows have made a big comeback.
Yea so true about organic crops, most just spray a night! But today I was in heaven, I got to pull a 35 foot cultivator on some sludge ground! Around here, if we dont get a heavy freeze, then compaction can be a problem in some of the clay grounds, so we will rip ground with a no-till type ripper. The word molboard plow hurts my ears, and is not used around here, its way too impractial, but I think plowing would be fun to try sometime. Down here were running 4 tractors on our 2300 acre farm, with the biggest being a 4wd 8760!Ill post pics when my camera gets fixed!:drinkup

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
8850 pulling 40 feet of Haybuster grain drills

Didn't work... try again.

Last edited:

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Very nice tractor? Is that one of the few tractors Deere made with the v8 moter in it? What are you drilling?

OCR

Occupation
Deere9670,

You're right...955 CID, V8, 370 hp. PTO fuel use (rated): 15.74 hh/g .

We're drilling winter wheat.

Last edited:

OCR

Occupation
bigblueox,

The drills are Haybuster 8000 series, twin row hoe openers, with deep banding
fertilizer points.

OCR

Occupation
8850 pulling 40 feet of Haybuster grain drills :

Same field on 6/22/2008...Winter Wheat.

DSCF0547.jpg

DSCF0548.jpg

This is why I took it...almost all Hail broke lose
DSCF0550.jpg

OCR

Occupation
It started! Ready to dig dirt

Just for fun... front view...16 feet... out to out.
DSCF0565.jpg
Titan Tires.
DSCF0560.jpg

OCR