• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who said "the good ole days" were so good??

ZAXIS

Occupation
Mgr./Member of Rainwater Construction Company, LLC
Here's some interesting, but hazardous pictures someone might like to see:

Attachments

• 2898505629_aa27286d95.jpg
    2898505629_aa27286d95.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 1,848
  • getimage.jpg
    getimage.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,854

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That's some crazy pics! There's a fellow farther back in the ditch with a shovel in the first pic, looks like he's under the pipe.

JDOFMEMI

For anyone who gets upset when OSHA shows up, here is a look at what it was like without them.

Scary Stuff!!!

Dominion 410

Most definetely would not fly today...Probably very un-nerving for all that crew,even back then.One thing,at least they loaded out the excavated material and not just side-casted it.That depth with a sur-charge from windrowed material would surely have been a disasterous.
Looks like a Northwest 25 digging and setting the pipe-most likely for sanitary sewer.

Dominion

ZAXIS

Occupation
Mgr./Member of Rainwater Construction Company, LLC
Thanks for the comments--I thought someone would think these were interesting.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
a 25 or a six.
i was born in the wrong era.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I'll say this...maybe unsafe (naw, for sure unsafe) but that ole' boy dug a sweet ditch with that cable hoe. And there ain't a dump truck driver in sight Q! :D

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Tis alrite dares more of em in erin , tis all a mick is good fer..

Stock

td25c

Thanks for sharing the old pictures ZAXIS.The workers put up with alot of job site hazard back then.They done a nice job in both pictures.The ground had to be pretty dry and tight in the first pic to be digging that deep without it caving in.The stakes and 2x4 lumber across the ditch looks like a "target" system to set grade depth for the pipe.I'l bet they had several trucks hauling as that is alot of dirt to remove when going that deep and in a confined area between the streets and trees.I'd say they done a good job.

pabear52

Occupation
Pipeliner, Earthmover, Miner,Dragline operator
Backster, I think there was three kinds.... fearless, unemployed and the very dead! I can remember working underground some years ago, the first thing you put on everyday was your hard hat! Just yesterday we were working in bad ground trenching that was collapsing under the exky. No way would you get in there for what ever reason without a proper shoring.....