• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who makes steel tracks with replaceable rubber pads?

NotAnOperator

My brother has a Case 450CT (this is a tracked machine; not wheeled). He says that he has seen replacement skid-steer tracks that are steel with replaceable rubber pads. The problem is that we don't know who builds these tracks. Can anyone here help? McLaren builds what we are looking for but only for mini-excavators. They call these "hybrid tracks". Thanks for any help that you can give me!

Goose

Grouser builds this type of track for sure and I think Leogring does or at least used to make this style of tracks for skidsteers.

MXZ

The Grouser and Loegering are OTT for wheel machines. I think you're out of luck if you're looking for a steel track to replace rubber on a CTL. The only steel setup on a CTL I'm aware of is the OEM that Bobcat is trying to sell. Not sure if they offer a rubber pad option or not.

NotAnOperator

Thanks guys. Yes we are looking to replace the standard rubber tracks with steel. We are not looking for an over the wheel type track. Thanks for your comments! If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know!

trackgirl

Occupation
Sales
I am pretty sure that Bridgestone make replacement pad for the steel tracks.
Let me know if you need more info

NotAnOperator

Thanks trackgirl. I appreciate your post. We have a rubber tracked machine and want to replace the tracks with a metal track system (with replaceable rubber pads). I didn't see any metal tracks on Bridgestone's website but maybe I just missed them.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
There is one company that has a conversion Supertrak. This machine has been discussed on the board before.

Here's a pic from their website
140strc3.jpg

It looks similar to the one that Bobcat offers - http://www.bobcat.com/loaders/compacttrack/undercarriage

It would be a major undertaking to convert a rubber undercarriage machine to a steel track version. I would think that the whole undercarriage would need to swapped in order to operate or get any useful life out of it. There are rumors that Cat has a metal undercarriage design for their CTL's.

In theory I like the idea of a steel undercarriage on a CTL, I just wouldn't want to be one of the first to own one.

kuangqy

Occupation
engineer
I am sorry, I do not know how to load pictures, anyone can help me, please.