• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who builds the best bucket?

buckfever

Around here it's always Easco. Now we've run a few other brands but easco always seems to be the best. We are always looking for quality attachments but finding a company that is maybe local and builds a high quality bucket at a better price would love to here about it.

DGODGR

I find that Cat buckets have been, by far, the best buckets I have ever owned. I have never owned, or been around an Esco (did you mean Esco?..I've never heard of Easco) from new so idon't know how they compare. In my cie=rcles they do have a good reputation though. If you are happy with them why are you looking for other brands? Maybe Esco is not local enough for you?

buckfever

Yes esco ( spelling was never my strong suit). They make great buckets there just very expensive. A 24" for my volvo 235 is aroud 6000 but you could buy a henslie for between 4000-5000. But mainly trying to see what all is out there.

DGODGR

Buckets are pretty basic tools. You are going to get what you pay for. If you are looking to pay less try buying used. Auctions are usually great for getting good prices on buckets. Deloss in CA (google search or check trader rags) has many used buckets available. Entek (now Rockland) also make good buckets. I have also had good results with Hensley products.

DGODGR

Yes esco ( spelling was never my strong suit). They make great buckets there just very expensive. A 24" for my volvo 235 is aroud 6000 but you could buy a henslie for between 4000-5000. But mainly trying to see what all is out there.

Buckets are pretty basic tools. You are going to get what you pay for. If you are looking to pay less try buying used. Auctions are usually great for getting good prices on buckets. Deloss in CA (google search or check trader rags) has many used buckets available. Entek (now Rockland) also make good buckets. I have also had good results with Hensley products.

More about used buckets...
I forgot to mention my last bucket purchase. I was looking for a Cat extra HD 24" bucket for my 315. My local Cat dealer, in CO, wanted to sell me a new one for $6k plus pins ($900). Plus I had to wait (6) weeks for it to be built. I was planning a trip to CA (to meet my new grandaughter) so I decided to call up my old salesman from the cat dealer back home. They had the exact bucket I was looking for, on the ground, with only a few hours on it. They were only asking $3,500 including pins. SOLD! No haggleing required. When I picked the bucket up it hardly had any noticeable wear. A little bit of paint rubbed off of the teeth and the bottoms of the side cutters. Needless to say I was very happy with the purchase. Maybe you can find a deal like that too.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I've only seen w-b buckets for smaller machines. Never new they built bigger ones.

They sure do.They use the best steels and seem to over engineer their products.My ripper for my old 510B was designed for a small excavator.Still going strong after 26 years,having ripped through lots of rock.

cjplanthire

Occupation
Plant contractor
tighe engineering drumconrath co meath ireland
or
brian scott scott buckets

cat buckets are nearly and bad as the machines pure ****e once they crack they tare like paper

DMoline

Cat buckets are good. They do require hardfacing or wear plating to keep the bottoms in them. I had an 42" Esco bucket on a pc 220 and it was very nice bucket. I have a entek 24" hd bucket for the 325 that is hell for stout. The 54" Cat digging bucket on the 325 has corner clawed a lot of hard rock and has had only 3 small cracks welded. It is pretty tough. No. it didnt tear like paper. My buddy has a 42" Esco on his 270 hitachi that is standing up to his hardrock work very well. He is a drilling and blasting contractor. I have a 48" jones clean up bucket for the Cat hoes I really like for finish grade or concrete prep. To me, these are very good buckets for what i use them for.

06Pete

I have had good luck with cat buckets and also North American Atachments in North Carolina I have had 3 of them and all have held up well not much rock here but alot of stumping with them. They can custom make them or they have some stock I always got mine in a week or less at a reel good price I think my HD 24 extra capasity for a 315 was $2200 5 years ago. I have also got real good deals from cat on buckets that were overstock or they just wanted to unload real bad.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
We tear up all our buckets....maybe we need better operators?

DMoline

I agree with 06Pete post. I have a North American compaction wheel that is very heavily built and a manual quick coupler(pin grabber) for the 325 that is perhaps overkill heavy. Prices were very reasonable in 2002.

buckfever

I'v never run a cat bucket but took a good look at a couple on a 330 and a 322 and they looked pretty stout. We have in the past bought buckets at auctions and used from dealers and have done well. What were looking for is a bucket builder that make high quality buckets but is a smaller local shop. I know it's a tall order but things being what they are i would like to try and help smaller bussiness keep there doors open. Pluse generaly when the owner is the person building the bucket I would like to think better quality is made. We've done well these past few years just like to try and pay it forward.