• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

White board to do list for info tracking and passing along

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
We had 3×6' one in our shanty* in the steelmill maintenance break room.
A white board is a chaulk board that's easier to use because you
use colored majic markers and sharpies and it's Fantastic for random anonymous hideous
pictures expressing one's thoughts. ...

fixou812

Occupation
I just got to thinking what a Wonderfully thoughtful gift that would make for your wife kids or co workers!
Did i mention one of the mates in my department was an artist?

oceanobob

Occupation
general contractor
In the big box stores is a material called melamine but is melamine coating on mdf/particle board. Can be seen often as cabinet shelving and quite common in white. Cut up* and mounted on a wall works about as good as a store bought white board and with a cleat with ear of thin plywood to rest it on, the cleat & ear will hold the markers etc. Then the extra piece has an even better use:

Extra piece of melamine makes a good surface for a work table on detailed items, spills dont seem to soak in either.
Put these boards up on all jobs / workplaces to keep track and make lists. Size to suit.

Depends on your crew, I could envision certain crews making anonymous infamous quotes but we have not had any problem with that. We usually relegate black to the owner or supe. Other colors can be used as determined.

*Cutting melamine with a perfect edge is a bit of a trick but for these purposes a decent blade does plenty good, pieces hurt worse than regular sawdust so eyeglasses. FYI sheets sold a bit oversize on the 48 and 96 dimension.

fixou812

Occupation
Sounds like i need to do a little more garbage picking Bob!