• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which loader is best for seeing the bucket cutting edge while operating the loader

lake side bob

Occupation
owner operator
Wondering what your thoughts are on which of all the skid/CTL loaders out in the market has the best visibility to the cutting edge of the bucket while operating the loader, with out having to lean forward to look at the cutting edge of the bucket just setting normal the cab.

Toddgarage

Occupation
Construction, welding/fabrication, operator
A few factors to consider also:
-Does the operator seat move, helping the operator sit properly in the cab.
-Are you getting a factory bucket or aftermarket bucket?
-What job tasks will the machine being needed to do? Strictly grading, bulk material loading, snow removal… etc.
-adding a bolt on cutting edge and/or cheeks

heymccall

Just buy a different bucket.
The Kubota supplied bucket(s) with my SVL75 & SVL75-2 allow the edge to be seen, very well, by all the operators here.
Put on my Takeuchi or Bradco buckets, and the edge is hidden again.

lake side bob

Occupation
owner operator
A few factors to consider also:
-Does the operator seat move, helping the operator sit properly in the cab.
-Are you getting a factory bucket or aftermarket bucket?
-What job tasks will the machine being needed to do? Strictly grading, bulk material loading, snow removal… etc.
-adding a bolt on cutting edge and/or cheeks
A normal dirt bucket not the long bucket bottom.

MG84

On my Kubota SVL65-2 I can see the cutting edge of the regular length buckets by only slightly leaning forward. Recently got an OEM 74” long bottom tooth bucket and I love it. Can see the cutting edge without leaning forward at all and extra capacity.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
A normal dirt bucket not the long bucket bottom.

Well that could be another story. Its been a long time since I have seen anyone use those at least in construction. Me, it would be the late 90's. I am not sure this is going to help. You really cant take anyone else's word for it since your physical size matters as well. Those foundry style buckets are hard to see regardless of the machine without sucking up to the glass, if that even helps.