• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which filter for Diesel Tank ?

_Rod

Guys while this not a question about a dozer, it is related to a dozer, so I need your help.

I have recently purchased a new 100 gallon diesel tank and 12 volt pump to use to refuel the D31P dozer and the farm tractors. When installing the pump on the tank, I set it up to have a filter before the fuel enters the hose. I was undecided whether to use a water block filter or the standard fuel filter. For whatever reason, I choose the water block filter. Now I am having questions as to whether I made the right decision.

Here are the filter that I choose from -

Goldenrod Water-Block Filter, 10-micron, model 596.

Goldenrod Standard Fuel Filter, 10-micron, model 595.

The diesel tank will for the most part be under the shed in the barn. We will continue to buy fuel from the same place we have for years. Haven’t ever had problems with either trash or water in the 5 gallon cans we have used to keep everything filled.

What is the best to use?

Last edited:

Cat Wrench

Never hurts to have a water separator, that is how I set mine up. Keep the tank full as much as possible and that will help prevent moisture from collecting in it.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I would use the Water-Block Filter. I don't see the point in putting a second 10-micron filter on there.