• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where to mount a fire extinguisher on U55-4 Kubota?

Allan M

Occupation
Semi-retired: Strategic planner/author
Has anyone found a good place to mount a fire extinguisher on a U55 excavator? Not much room to do so. I live in a high fire danger area and the diesel regeneration that periodically occurs has got me concerned. I'd better have an extinguisher with me in case of an emergency anyway. Thoughts appreciated.

Allan M

Occupation
Heymccall: Great idea. Looked at a couple of YouTube demos of this extinguisher product. I think it's a perfect solution. Thx a bunch. Allan

Allan M

Occupation
IMG_1469.jpeg Heymccall: See Element fire extinguisher mounted inside cab to right of seat on vertical molding (note: purchased additional rubber quick release mounting bracket to hold it securely). It takes up virtually no room. Perfect solution. Thx. Allan

HALSJCB

Occupation
Retired
I mounted my extinguisher in the corner of the door so that it was accessible after I had exited the machine. Seems to be out of the way and has been no problem so far.

IMG_5554.JPG

Allan M

Occupation
HALSJCB: Very clever. You may have found the only good location for a regular sized extinguisher. It baffles me a bit that these rigs don't come with a mounted fire extinguisher and supplemental tool box area. Nice job.

JD955SC

Well our renters love to use self tapping screws to mount a fire extinguisher bracket right under the “no drill/no weld” sticker on the ROPS/FOPS structure thus trashing a $20,000 cab so that seems to be the ideal location.