• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

where to keep genie controller?

skata

i have a genie rough terrain scissor lift.
the control frame is plastic and hangs on the railing, with a single plug. this controller is easy to take, and would cost over 2k to replace. so i unplug it everytime i'm done.
i feel like i'm going to wear out the plug connection by disconnecting it so many times.
i kinda wish the controller had a metal frame so i could lock it or bolt it to the rail.
any other ideas?

hosspuller

Nooooo! When you take it with you, no one else can take the lift or the $2k controller. Keep taking the controller with you. You might do a pin out diagram & photos to keep with your records. Then if you need to replace the connector, it'll be easy.

skata

Nooooo! When you take it with you, no one else can take the lift or the $2k controller. Keep taking the controller with you. You might do a pin out diagram & photos to keep with your records. Then if you need to replace the connector, it'll be easy.
yeah. you're right. i just wish genie used a more durable connector for the controller.