• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where is the power beyond plug on a D5H

JDR62

I'am installing a log grapple on my D5H so i need live hyd power, the machine does not have a aux. valve.

Thank you
Jeff

Per Eriksson

Since these have a LS system do you have a closed centre LS type valvebank for the grapple?

Pump presure you can just T on the line from the pump to the valve bank and LS signal at the ls port on the pump but don't forget to use a shuttle valve.

JDR62

That was not what i was asking for. I need to find the FACTORY power beyond plug
Thanks Jeff

Per Eriksson

If you have the serial I can look at the build sheet and see what valves are installed on your machine and not since there are quite a few variations.
Machines that had grapple installed from factory had 4 extra sections added to the original 2 for the blade.

However, since this is a load sense system you will need a LS type valve bank in order to control your grapple.
Is it a 4 function grapple?

Last edited:

JDR62

found the plug, it was the the 1/2" plug on the end cap of the valve bank, & the LS line above it